AR supply and demand? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AR supply and demand?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by WWM View Post
    I think I'm going to build a AR57 out of the Roggio. Should go together pretty quick. I need to get this and some other junk done for some spring time shooting. Anyone know of a good source for 5.7x28 ammo, $.40 a round seems a little steep. Cabela's is about the cheapest I've found so far $.37 a round.
    all i have seen has been 38-40+ cents a pop.

sort of like finding cheap 5.56/7.62x39 or 308 rounds. i just don't think they exist anymore.

if your going to invest big $$ in a 5.7 i would stock up on ammo now and re-loading stuff for the round. which is what i am doing with my few exotic rounds. right now you are lucky if you can just find ammo in stock.

WWM
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I plan on stocking up for now, I'll probably get a couple of cases. I'm kinda scared to reload the 5.7, I've read about a few failures with reloads. Maybe the guys were just dumbasses or maybe the cases can't take a resize? One shot deal, kinda like some of the milsurp brass cased stuff.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I tried reloading for my 5.7 and just could not get good results. I've been reloading for years without a problem but that tiny little case is hard to get good bullet seating. The bullets tend to want to get crooked while seating and then results in feed problems because the chamber is so small.

Wasted about $100 on RCBS dies and shellholders too. Should have just spent the $100 on ammo instead.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    I tried reloading for my 5.7 and just could not get good results. I've been reloading for years without a problem but that tiny little case is hard to get good bullet seating. The bullets tend to want to get crooked while seating and then results in feed problems because the chamber is so small.

Wasted about $100 on RCBS dies and shellholders too. Should have just spent the $100 on ammo instead.

geez--this is bad news! what is the future or an exotic round that won't re-load well? i have had some problems with the wolf brass for the 6.5 but all the other brass that i picked up for $17.89 per 100 seems to work super.

i don't know how the 6.8spc is holding up to re-loading. but i have seen brass for it for $44/100 where the damned 6.5 has been selling for $78/100 lately!

looks like i am going to have to get a lot of mileage out of my 6.5 grass to make it work.

maybe brass prices will come down. but i ain't holding my breath!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    geez--this is bad news! what is the future or an exotic round that won't re-load well?
    That was my experiance with the PS90. I've heard that the cases are poly coated to aid in feeding through the P90's polymer magazine and that case resizing destroys this caoting and results in feed problems. I dunno how much truth there is to this, but that along with the slightly crooked bullets might account for the problems i was having.

I've heard of people getting better results from the Five-Seven pistol however.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

From what we are hearing on BBC, quite a bit more AR parts and ammo will be heading down to the Mexican and, Texas border. The National guard and the Mexican military have first call on these parts I would imagine.

Funny how the plug has sort of been pulled on citizens buying parts and ammo. Unless you are willing to pay $$$$.
    M U S I B I K E

WWM
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I got my AR57 upper ordered today, now to find some PS90 mags and some ammo. Gunbroker here I come.

I may build another AR based in 5.45x39, ammo seems cheap, but most of it is corrosive. How hard is the stuff on the pistons and tubes?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.