ghost gun AR CNC... yup. - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ghost gun AR CNC... yup.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

most of us have the same opinion... its too small for a production run...

but as stated: its also not intended to be a CNC for "everything".

it was created for exactly what Chiroone said: as a middle finger in the air to the commiefornia legislature which tried to pass anti home build regulations.

its not something that "could" happen.. its something they are already trying to do.

for the legal end lets be very clear on this: its NOT sold with programming. you have to go get that yourself.

is it open source & free to do ? YEP.

so can they "outlaw" it? NO. are they gonna outlaw people owning CNC mills? cause thats what this is. a mini CNC. simple as that.

it does exactly what any other CNC does..... which is whatever you program it to do.

they could very well have called this The Mystery Cube CNC... but they wanted to prove a point.

same point we always prove: you cant stop us from building guns & all the rules & laws you make are gonna get out paced by technology, creativity & ingenuity.

i need one of these like i need another ex wife.... but building & finding new ways to build is what im here for.... so this will be no different.

i'll build a few with it cause i can.. maybe even do a couple AR10's.. call its "purpose served" & then sell it to someone else to do the same.

word to the wise: if you sell one of these .... DO NOT SELL IT WITH THE PROGRAMMING!!
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Software is easy to get or write.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    but they wanted to prove a point. same point we always prove: you cant stop us from building guns
    Yes they can. "They" make laws. And don't prove a point with money as the weight with my fucking freedom on the scale. That's what this is, my "at the moment right" to build a firearm will be very soon up for vote because someone wants to prove a point or make some money. If I lose what I consider my right because someone chooses either of these paths I'm going to be pretty pissed off. I find it hard to believe any of us would think this is a good idea.
    I'm also having a hard time expressing my anger with words. I, and all of us, are about to lose something we've taken for granted for as long as we've been a species. The right to make a weapon to defend ourselves and our community.
    It's two things now: inevitable and sad.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

If history has shown anything, it is that it is impossible to stop someone from making weapons and/or stop the ability for someone to defend themselves.

Just look at the Asian martial arts fighting "weapons". Back in feudal Japan, Korea and even China, the peasants were not allowed to have edged weapons or swords. But they were able to use farm implements to very effective use at defending themselves. The Tonfa, nuchucks, kama, bo staff, kuwa etc where nothing more then everyday farm implements. But in the hands of a trained or determined individual could be devastating to even a better armed adversary. Of course, that was quite some time ago.

In relatively recent history, just look what the IRA did back in Ireland, they made very effective firearm weapons from pipes, children's toys and by hand with no more than the most simplest of tools. And lets not forget the great skill of the Afghans, their weapon making skills are legendary and most are made with hand tools and shear determination.

So keeping weapons out of the hands of a truly determined person or persons? Impossible.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

they are selling the crap out of them, that means there will be more open source coding for it. It might be able to machine a crapload of other items too.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

ashoe: your "at the moment right" has been trying to be taken away from you for the last 20 years... your late to the party if you just now figured this out. more importantly than that.. its not just "YOUR RIGHT"... its OURS & YES its constantly put to a vote at some level. that wont change. it also wont matter, because of the amount of homebuilt weapons that are out there.

do you really think they dont have a good idea how many have been built in this hobby? THEY DO.

^^^ this is exactly as Chiroone said.

what your seeing is a surge of new ways to do our hobby... out of the box ways..... many of them things we just didnt think of before... we adapt with the times and laws just like always.

people have been crying for years "oh they will make us stop, they'll pass a law".... YEP they sure will... & we will adapt & work within those confines just like we always have.

i posted this because just like the ROUTER thread, it interested me & is something new happening in the hobby & im all for trying something new.

what could they possibly do that they arent already doing?

try to control or eliminate build party's? ALREADY BEING DONE.

try to control or eliminate home builds completely? ALREADY BEING DONE.

try to require a license to do a home build? ALREADY BEING DONE.

try to require a serial number for home builds? ALREADY BEING DONE.

you think they are gonna try to eliminate CNC machines? Routers? Drill Presses? Rotozips? Welders? GOOD LUCK.

its just not possible to eliminate/stop this hobby..... they can curb it or drive it back underground & off the net..

but lets be honest here: how many of us really need the internet for this hobby now days?

we just use the internet for exactly what this new toy does: rub it in their face that we can always find ways to do this.

the real dilemma for those against gun making at home is that technology for this is developing, available & improving at a incredible rate.

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

ashoe: your "at the moment right" has been trying to be taken away from you for the last 20 years... your late to the party if you just now figured this out. more importantly than that.. its not just "YOUR RIGHT"... its OURS & YES its constantly put to a vote at some level. that wont change. it also wont matter, because of the amount of homebuilt weapons that are out there.

do you really think they dont have a good idea how many have been built in this hobby? THEY DO.

^^^ this is exactly as Chiroone said.

what your seeing is a surge of new ways to do our hobby... out of the box ways..... many of them things we just didnt think of before... we adapt with the times and laws just like always.

people have been crying for years "oh they will make us stop, they'll pass a law".... YEP they sure will... & we will adapt & work within those confines just like we always have.

i posted this because just like the ROUTER thread, it interested me & is something new happening in the hobby & im all for trying something new.

what could they possibly do that they arent already doing?

you think they are gonna try to eliminate CNC machines? Routers? Drill Presses? Rotozips? Welders? GOOD LUCK.

its just not possible to eliminate/stop this hobby..... they can curb it or drive it back underground & off the net..

but lets be honest here: how many of us really need the internet for this hobby now days?

we just use the internet for exactly what this new toy does: rub it in their face that we can always find ways to do this.

the real dilemma for those against gun making at home is that technology for this is developing, available & improving at a incredible rate.
    Well said Duti !!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm not sure how you could possibly think I'm worried that they will try to eliminate rotozips or welders or cnc machines.
    Yes I know "they" are always trying to stop ALL of this.
    I'm not "late to the party".
    I'm not a big fan of rubbing things in peoples faces when they have the position of authority.
    I also realize that the rights I posses are not mine all alone.

And I'm probably not going to be a big fan of registering what I build or having to buy a "tax stamp" if they go that route. Or do we just "rub it in their face that we can always find ways to do this" and build illegally? I'm not sure what your suggestion actually meant.

My whole point (which apparently was hard to comprehend) is that when it becomes too easy or the ease/price balance point hits the right spot it will be the catalyst for reform.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

the only thing "hard to comprehend" here is on your end..........

YOUR LINE: I'm not sure how you could possibly think I'm worried that they will try to eliminate rotozips or welders or cnc machines.

see where the comprehension problem is? this is a CNC machine. simple as that. thats all it is. nothing more. a benchtop CNC machine.

its a friggin TOOL!! no different than any other tool we use... the person using it is responsible for the outcome at the finish.

so what an "end user" chooses to do with it? thats no different than any other CNC machine out there. they are just targeting a certain group for sales... you could call this a benchtop toothbrush maker if you wanted, it doesnt really matter.... if the end user chooses to do something different with it? who's problem is that?

so lets stick to things that are actually important.

things we already know about this machine:

its slower than a regular CNC & its slower than most of us on a manual mill == approx use time for it is listed as 2hrs.... many of us are faster than that with a jig and a mini mill.

its much smaller & is easily portable

its universal power acceptable (110/220)

works on a laptop & you get your own open source programming that your responsible for.

it costs more than a mini mill with CNC conversion

so what im really intending to find out on my end is: is it worth it? is it fun? is it accurate? does it do what they say it will?

or is it a total rip off that we should go out of our way to expose as a shame? we are gonna see & the results will be posted here at GUNCO & at WG.

i put up my own money to test these things...always have & its because i enjoy all kinds of different testing in this hobby.

when this fad passes, i'll dive into the next thing, lather, rinse, repeat as needed.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

So far is there being any new legislation introduced to stop any law abiding person from making their own firearm? Federal law permits individual rights to make their own firearm and only suggest you put a serial number on it. To me that would be the date it was done like 10814.everybody happy.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ar 15 ghost gun
ar ghost gun forum

ghost cnc review

ghost gun cnc

ghost gun milling tool
ghost runner cnc machine
mini cnc ar
peasants in feudal japan
show pickle fork tool
spontaneous bent over
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.