ghost gun AR CNC... yup.
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ghost gun AR CNC... yup.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Default ghost gun AR CNC... yup.

ive got a thread over at WG on this new toy....

its pretty much exactly what it says.

its a fully contained, dedicated baby CNC that is designed to just do AR's (10's & 1911's coming)..

is it a full size CNC pro machine? NO

is it a private size hobby machine? YES

its a great discussion both pro & con over there.. figured we might as well have it here for those who dont go to both sites.

check it out:

https://ghostgunner.net/index.html

Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I love it! I hate it! I dont have a clue what I'm talking about! (I just read the thread at WG!)
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

To borrow a line from CCR buddies

I see the bad moon rising
    I see trouble on the way
    Last edited by Chiroone; 10-05-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Like I said when someone posted the Modulus jig thing, this will all be illegal in a minute.
    I'd swear they hired a group of mega democrats to make the video, it begs for people to call their politicians and demand new laws. I'm surprised they didn't show dead school children in the video.
    I doubt the NRA will stand up and fight for this hobby.
    I knew about this pricey mini cnc but didn't watch the vid, and I shouldn't have.
    I'm glad (as I posted before, and want to reaffirm here again) that all parts kits that I own and all "80%" receivers in my possession were completed into legal firearms a few weeks ago. At least they'll be grandfathered in (hopefully) when the news laws arrive.
    I also hope I don't have another boating accident, like the one that took most of my firearms back in the day. I'll never forget that stormy night.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ghost Gun has been said for yrs now. I can see a problem with selling it with software to "Complete" a gun but that is a simple correction. Sell them without the software and Freeware the programs. Hell I wrote my Gcode for the FCG holes and FCG pocket in 15 min and it now spits out lowers in 9 min.

The nice thing about this, you do not need to do ONLY AR15's in it, Clamp a block in and get a AR FCG setup for any custom build.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score

First off, the video as a whole was awesome. That senator is such a bag of dicks.

Second, $1000 to be able to do that is absolutely amazing!
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They should be proud of themselves, they made it to the Yahoo home page.

"It's about to get a whole lot easier to make a semi-automatic rifle at home with no serial number, no background check, and no waiting period. Cody Wilson, the libertarian behind the world's first 3D-printed gun, is now selling an all-in-one desktop CNC mill, called the Ghost Gunner. It can produce an aluminum lower receiver of an AR-15 rifle — the civilian version of the military's M-16 assault rifle — in a couple of hours.

The lower receiver, which connects the stock, barrel, magazine, and other parts of the gun together, is the component that is legally considered to be a firearm under US law — and its sale is highly regulated. The Ghost Gunner is programmed to take a partially-complete lower receiver, known as an "80 percent lower," and automatically mill it into a functioning part. From there, all you have to do is buy the other widely-available components online and assemble the rifle. As Wilson explains on the product's website, "on day one, Ghost Gunner can help you legally manufacture unserialized firearms in the comfort of your own home.""
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There is no need for that at all and will only hurt our hobby. To small for a serious FFl manufactuing and way to much for a home builder.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by driswalds View Post
    There is no need for that at all and will only hurt our hobby. To small for a serious FFl manufacturing and way to much for a home builder.
    I have to agree; at about $1,300 you could get one of the Little Machine Shops high torque mills and some tooling and be able to do a lot more diverse work. This strikes me as a political activist thumbing his nose at liberal politicians just to make a statement. It is going to bring a lot of heat on an already beleaguered and misunderstood hobby. I guess he was not happy at having his 3D printer pistol idea squashed and wants to make another big splash
    Last edited by Chiroone; 10-05-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

That video screams for it to be outlawed. The anti's will have a hey day with it.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ar 15 ghost gun
ar ghost gun forum

ghost cnc review

ghost gun cnc

ghost gun milling tool
ghost runner cnc machine
mini cnc ar
peasants in feudal japan
show pickle fork tool
spontaneous bent over
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.