Finally got an AR together, questions on lubing

Thread: Finally got an AR together, questions on lubing

Feedback Score

Default Finally got an AR together, questions on lubing

Finally got off my arse and got an AR built from a PSA lower and parts kit, I picked up a Huldra mid length upper on sale from Fleet Farm to give a try (piston upper). Everything went together very well. Now I am wondering where to lube these things, everyone says run them wet, what are they getting at just the bolt area? Heading to town now, I just realized I don't have any ammo loaded for the 223 and my reloading room is currently also the spare storage room (nightmare) so I have to stoop to buying a couple boxes of shells. Next I am going to start checking out sights/scopes.

I was surprised how easy it is to assemble the lower, next build I am going to build the upper as well, thinking I'll build a varmint gun.

3/297th Inf Retired AARNG Akfite's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I use Miltec lubricant it a metal treatment and works great I use it exclusively when I was in Iraq MILITEC-1 - The ONLY all-purpose synthetic metal conditioner and gun oil although using LSA works fine or any good quality lubricant works well you'll notice after it broken in it won't require as much lubricant.
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The self soiling jammomatic needs to be run "wet" so they don't jam. Running an AK wet means you dropped it in the mud. There is a reason there is only one DI military service arm in existence!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Akfite View Post
    I use Miltec lubricant it a metal treatment and works great I use it exclusively when I was in Iraq MILITEC-1 - The ONLY all-purpose synthetic metal conditioner and gun oil although using LSA works fine or any good quality lubricant works well you'll notice after it broken in it won't require as much lubricant.
    I use that also Akfite. Interesting you were using it in Iraq, company said our Troops liked it. Going back 42 + years, we were the Troops carrying "The gun that does not need cleaning" guys. We very very seldom were in a place to break them down and clean them anyway. Plus they never issued us cleaning materials. Break it down and bad things happen? Start praying.
    Now this is not to say a lot of Vets did operate out of Base Camps and you can bet their Sarge had them cleaning and lubing their weapons. But very very seldom that I can recall, did the old Matty Mattel fail us. Is cleaning and lubing better? of course. I just do not recall seeing anyone cleaning one.
    Hell maybe it was the red clay ground the residue out and the rain and streams did the final rinsing? But the darn things still worked. 19 rounds in the 20 round mags, or they might jam?
    But andrews yes, clean and lube that weapon for sure.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I have never heard of Miltec. Interesting.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

welcome to the forum

assembling a FFL PSA lower to a upper is not building its assembling, sorry to say you did not build anything

your assembling parts will function fine on LSA
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.