Anybody used jacks flats AR15 lowers that you weld together

Thread: Anybody used jacks flats AR15 lowers that you weld together

Feedback Score

Default Anybody used jacks flats AR15 lowers that you weld together

I ordered a few of jacks lowers that comes in pieces and you weld together. Anybody used one? If so do you have pics and a range report.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I got a few before MD's ban went into effect. Parts all fit well. You want to figure out a decent clamp/squaring setup. GTAW makes for a neat job but GMAW will get it done with some considerable cleanup. Haven't done anything with any of my AR receivers yet but I plan on a SHTF 50bmg upper on at least one of these when money permits.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

pretty sure there is a build thread or 3 on them here...

they go together nice, as said... clamping is the most important part..
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Speaking of which, Timo kinda left us hanging here. How about an update Timo.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/255-ar-1...-ar-build.html

Feedback Score

They have some quirks as far as getting them functional (mag catch, safety selector plunger) but if you line the pieces up correctly and take your time they function 100%.

I bought two incase I screwed up on the first attempt but now the second one is 80% done waiting to be used in another project.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

All the above. Mine worked out well, but you really need to think it thru. Make sure its square and everything is lined up before welding. I tack welded mine first and made sure it was good before laying down a heavy weld. Use an upper and pins to line up the sides.
    good thread on the subject. http://www.gunco.net/forums/255-ar-1...quat-flat.html
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    All the above. Mine worked out well, but you really need to think it thru. Make sure its square and everything is lined up before welding. I tack welded mine first and made sure it was good before laying down a heavy weld. Use an upper and pins to line up the sides.
    good thread on the subject. http://www.gunco.net/forums/255-ar-1...quat-flat.html

Theres a couple really good/detailed threads over on weaponsguild as well. My poor lower is sitting in the safe, waiting for me to buy another upper one of these days...
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I did tap the bolt hold open before welding it in.

Feedback Score

Mine shoots great, I will say the grinding and sanding to get it to look somewhat respectful takes forever, the worst part is tapping the buffer tower. I ended up purchasing a tap from brownells which cost I think 60.00 bucks, I could have borrowed it but I figured by time I pay for shipping why not just own it. I didn't go crazy welding-just tacked it all up first and made sure the holes all aligned not the out side edges. it also easier to add that little piece of metal for the safety detent to the floor before tacking up the sides.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.