Want to borrow ar-15 jig
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to borrow ar-15 jig

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Want to borrow ar-15 jig

Hi all

I have two retro 80% ar-15 lowers coming I need to borrow a jig for a few weeks, i will be using a drill press, like all the others i did

I borrowed two last time( after sandy hook) one from BBill and someone else I m looking for a good one and it will need to have the end mill cutter also

please send along a PM of what i can borrow.. I am more concerned with the jig for the FCG

thanks let me know
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

We need a few community pass around jigs.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hvymax View Post
    We need a few community pass around jigs.
    That sounds racist to me.

How about " Drilling fixture"?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    That sounds racist to me.

How about " Drilling fixture"?
    ??????? Racist?

Drilling fixture, Ar-15 jig, jigs for 80% AR lowers..... they all describe the same thing.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    Hi all

I have two retro 80% ar-15 lowers coming I need to borrow a jig for a few weeks, i will be using a drill press, like all the others i did

I borrowed two last time( after sandy hook) one from BBill and someone else I m looking for a good one and it will need to have the end mill cutter also

please send along a PM of what i can borrow.. I am more concerned with the jig for the FCG

thanks let me know
    Sprat,

donated all my AR jigs to the loaner program at WG..... talk to Pamrick, he probably has 6-7 different types of AR jigs to loan out. might have what your wanting.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Ah hell Sprat, all your money just buy one of these machines. Think their around $300,000 grand. But you can run off about a dozen at a time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I dont do loaner programs, I believe I have a jig (drilling fixture) I must be old I still call them JIGS, I must be a racist to boot

I have a jig ( drilling fixture) its called a OSI so if you been doing 80% as long as me you would know what a OSI jig is and what it will not do!!!

I have been helping a new member here and on WG with his ar projects for sometime now he stepped up to help out the old man

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Just a little late night levity . I need one myself. Just can't decide between the many brands.

What's the favorite one? I'll buy it & loan it.

I want one of those retro 80% lowers too. But I had doubts right from the beginning. I hope I'm wrong for everyone's sake. I'll buy when he has them on the shelf for sale.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

the retro 80% are coming from brennon on WG he is adding serial numbers and anodizing to the proper color. not cheap but i have 2-3 M-16 A-1 uppers so I thought why not

I went on ar-15.com
    checked out the serial number sequence's for the particular lowers I chose ( Colt M-16 A-1) seems there was a serial number gap probably CIA serial numbers?? anyway I added my numbers from that gap should have the lowers soon.

after Sandy Hook I panicked, I had 5-6 anodized ar-15 lowers and matching uppers, so I borrowed two jigs one from BBill and someone else. Glad I did cause, I had a problem with one of the jigs. as with all builds, it is easier to do two or more at one time

I was hoping someone else would lend me one, so i have a backup?????????????

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Just a little late night levity . I need one myself. Just can't decide between the many brands.

What's the favorite one? I'll buy it & loan it.

I want one of those retro 80% lowers too. But I had doubts right from the beginning. I hope I'm wrong for everyone's sake. I'll buy when he has them on the shelf for sale.
    jigs are just like buying cars.... they'll all get you where your going eventually but its the Ford vs Chevy argument on most of them.

i had AR jigs from Tactical Machining, Greg Clark, ARF.com, Modulous arms, 80% arms, cncguns, JMJ & several that i made myself....

only thing i can really say is that i like the aluminum jigs that have the hardened inserts at the drill holes for the FCG the best. they dont get wallered out after repeated uses like the others do.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.