Any input on the AR Nickel Boron Bolts appreciated? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Any input on the AR Nickel Boron Bolts appreciated?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

A friend of mine is running a nickel boron bolt carrier group. He got it from PSA on sale for a song. He says its easier to clean.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

So long as you don't wind up putting this much steel case ammo through your system?

Check out this VID,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSizVpfqFtw#t=16
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

I am running two that I got from AIM for $99 in my .300 Blackouts. Since I run them suppressed and they are easy to clean. At the time i got them the regular BCG were $89.. For me they are worth the $10 difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
    I am running two that I got from AIM for $99 in my .300 Blackouts. Since I run them suppressed and they are easy to clean. At the time i got them the regular BCG were $89.. For me they are worth the $10 difference.
    I'm running the AIM NB groups in my supressed ARs also. They are supposed to required less (or no) lube which keeps things cleaner. I cant help it, I have to lube my weapons,

PSA usually has some on sale for a little less the AIM, haven't tried there's.

The last one I got from AIM was NB but the bolt and gas key were Nitrided (supposed to be more heat resistant). When I bought it, it was on sale for $99 with free shipping. Here's the link to it: AIM AR/M16 BCG-X .223/5.56 9310 MPI Nitride Bolt NiB Carrier Group

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

ok you win.

i said they werent worth the money.... but at only $100 instead of $89? thats a different story..

they hadnt been that cheap back whwen everyone made the huge push on them being the latest gimmick for AR's.

thats a very good link bro.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Hummmm,,so no one has a piston AR or personal reviews on them ??? What I've seen on the "intranet",,seems to be both good and bad, So who know's???

I know I'd have much more faith in what experiences you guys have had and what you say about them, than I would in what I see on u-boob,,,,,.For Sure!!
    Piston systems are great. Adapting that concept to an AR-15 leaves a little to be desired. I've installed a number of them for customers. They work. They are fine. The weak points seem to be the Piston itself, and the method of attachment to the barrel. I have seen some of the lesser expensive ones that have failed due to poor engineering. The tube that the piston rides in can rotate and block the gas port as an example. I have also seen the tube crack and fail in a horrible way that caused parts to explode through the hand guard and into the operators' hand. Ouch! None of these were full auto guns.

If you are going to go with a piston system, spend good money on it and look for heavy, quality parts. CMMG is about the lowest I would go.

Just sayin.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I recall in the 80's I think of piston ar's being introduced.I didn't bite cause of parts interchange with stock systems.nickel boron at that price why not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.