UPPER ASSEMBLY. SIDE CHARGING

Thread: UPPER ASSEMBLY. SIDE CHARGING

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default UPPER ASSEMBLY. SIDE CHARGING

Can some school me on side charging uppers Pro's and Conn's?

I was looking for a 20 inch with a heavy barrel and the price does not look bad to me.
    But this is the first I have herd about side charging.

UPPER ASSEMBLY. SIDE CHARGING (20PF) - Side Charging Upper Assemblies - Assemblies

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was looking at this BCA side charging Receiver/BCG combo - Upper Receivers but decided I would rather it be left side charging with a non-reciprocating charging handle.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That's the one thing I don't like about the AR platform either, the rear charging handle. My Bushmaster has a standard low mounted hunting scope on it and it's a pain in the ass to charge it. The scope is low enough and just far enough back over the handle to make it hard to get to, and the replacements with the bigger lock are ridiculously priced IMO. 50- 80 bucks, or more,,,,Why??? Oh ya,,,it's a " Tactical part" WTF ever that means??? It just makes it higher priced ,,,,,cause "it's special",,, Seriously??

The latch's I could change out but I already tried one once and had issues with the pin that holds it either bending or breaking.
    The one that bent was a bitch to get out and it took a ultra fine metal cutting blade to cut it with so I didn't destroy the charging handle itself getting it out. Then I had to go the next step up in diameter sense it slightly ob-longed one hole and I had to go up one size on the roll pin.

Of course it was a bitch to find just what I wanted sense I refuse to use any hardware store hardware on my guns. I found the right diameter and length one at the airport and reinstalled the original latch and gave the extended one away. Which BTW, this guy I gave it too, had the same issue with later on , but he wasn't so lucky getting it out, he cracked the charging handle hole by being a bit of a Bubba and trying to just force it past the bend in the roll pin and not supporting the handle properly when driving it out!! DOWWWWW!!!

I agree on the right side handle though, it should be ambidextrous minimum or a left side only sense most folks are right handed. The reciprocating handle don't bother me that much, you just have to pay more attention to what you're doing, even more so with a left side handle. Most semi guns have that anyways and we should all be used to that already.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have built both the reciprocating and non reciprocating styles for my customers. Not too many of them to be honest. A total of 4. I like the non-reciprocating style better, it's a lot like the FAL. They cost more, you will need to buy spares just in case the company goes out of business. That is the real danger and issue. You are spending a lot of good money on what could become a paperweight. I would suggest spending the money on a really good barrel instead. Take a look at Black Hole Weaponry. Very nice stuff.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I am going to think these are a bit new with the amount of chatter here. thanks to the ones that responded. i will do a bit of research on these.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wish I had some actual hands on knowledge. I didn't go for one for the same reason I choose ammo as in police and military usage.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.