Somebody talk me into (or out of) putting together a 300 blackout - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody talk me into (or out of) putting together a 300 blackout

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Ya priced ammo for it yet? YIKES!!!

Myself I can't see where it would really be worth it honestly,plus I doubt you'll even see it around much longer.Give it a couple years and it will be scarce as hens teeth to find. Look at 327mag and that other pistol caliber I can't recall right off that was supposed to be the cats ass,try finding it,,,,,

Blackout will probably be the same soon too. There's no advantage to it over other readily available calibers/cartridges out there IMHO.

That's why I don't do wild cats any more.
    I think you'd be surprised at how popular the .300BLK, AAC, Whisper cartridge really is. It is already way more popular than the 327 Federal ever was. Keep in mind (as already mentioned) all it takes is a barrel change. Or with another dedicated upper, the ability to swap back and forth in seconds even using the same mags.

Reloading it is no big deal. I was already reloading 7.26x51 and 5.56x45 so I already have all the components all I had to do was spend $35 for the die. There are stories out there claiming that groups currently using suppressed MP5s etc are taking a hard look at it as a replacement cartridge for those types of subsonic applications.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

7.62 if I reloaded still or hung out with the guys I'd have jumped on the bandwagon then but as been mentioned unless you run a can... Hey ,do it cause its fun and you still can! All the reason I need to hear or express.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My buddies B.O. upper came in yesterday. I'm gonna see how it shakes out first hand. Then maybe.
    I saw Remington UMC 120 gr at Academy Sports $14.99, 220gr subsonic $16.99, per 20 rnds. Not too bad.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    7.62 if I reloaded still or hung out with the guys I'd have jumped on the bandwagon then but as been mentioned unless you run a can... Hey ,do it cause its fun and you still can! All the reason I need to hear or express.
    No can here, everything I load is supersonic. 110 grain at 2200 to 2300 fps. Even the 125 grain travels at 2000 fps

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Like I said if its fun do it. Sadly no can or fun switch here. I worked with a c3 dealer back when and missed the boat when I coulda /shoulda done then. Really a Mac with the stamp for what a model 29 in the presentation box was about the same. Then.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My buddies lower assembly came in today, so maybe he can wring it out at the range soon. I'm still on the fence. Here's the upper assembly. Not a bad price. If it shoots good, why not go for it? On sale at Bear Creek Arsenal. The BCA Black Bear Upper - Scary Savings
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I went ahead and did it. Bought a bbl and stripped upper. I have all the other stuff in my spare parts bin. Mostly the stuff that folks didn't want after I helped them replace it with their mall ninja stuff at no charge. So they insist on giving me the old stuff kinda in lieu of payment. Hell I do this stuff for fun, not profit. I have a scope ordered that should be here today. Fun fun fun!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

cant wait to see it!
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Let us know how it goes. And shoots. Even this old dog can learn new tricks. And I don't really need that savage tactical since 100 yds up here is a loonng shot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Let us know how it goes. And shoots. Even this old dog can learn new tricks. And I don't really need that savage tactical since 100 yds up here is a loonng shot.
    I hear ya, stalker. Thick and thicker around here. Now my oldest son who has done quite well for himself purchased several hundred acres of farmland from an old gentleman that he had befriended back when my son worked for John Deere. He tells me he now needs the flattest shooting rifle he can get to shoot across those bean fields. Says he was shooting at coyotes way off and was kicking up dirt way in front of them with the 338 win mag I built for him years ago. I told him all are gonna drop at those ranges, just need to figure out how much and compensate. Folks have killed elk at 500 yards with the 338. But I really think he just wants a new gun. Cant blame him for that!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.