Somebody talk me into (or out of) putting together a 300 blackout - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Somebody talk me into (or out of) putting together a 300 blackout

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Oh, they just love me when I call a 300 BLK, " A PISTOL CALIBER CARBINE ROUND ".

Compairing it to an EVIL 9mm is a real show stopper!

A 7.62X39 can't cost as much to purchase as the 300 BLK. There is something the 300 BLK can do that a 7.62X39 doesn't.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The 300BS IS THE MOST OVER HYPED ROUND TO DATE.

It is arguably a better subsonic round.
    That great new for the .005% of AR owners who actually have a can.
    The 95% who dont will brag how great there rifle is IF it had a can an how it matters when clearing a room.

Its almost as good as a 7.62 X 39 and that round is almost as good as a 30 30 and that round is almost as good as a 308 Winchester so obviously the 300 BS is a great deer round because it's almost as good as something.

The round for 75% of the guys who have it in a AR is of no real use other than BLACK OUT sounds cool.
    If you dont hunt with it then 99.9% of its owners are shooting targets or junk.
    A 223 shoots flatter an I haven't seen any paper stop one.

If I had a surpressor I would consider a AR in one as a toy.
    Last edited by 1biggun; 11-25-2015 at 03:59 PM.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Biggun lives!! Happy Thanksgiving Bob! Hope I survive the turkey apocalypse this weekend. And again we agree.damnitalltohell! Good to see you man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

I am building my first AR-15 .223 for home defense (prices are just too good to pass up) and I have also toyed with the idea of a 300 BO upper. Thing is it would have to be with a 16 in barrel and supersonic (no can). Just not sure it's worth the investment and will probably stick with my Garands for the stuff beyond 100 yards.
    If the left can make a cowardly mass muderer like che guevara a hero, I can make PinoCHEt one.
    (That is not my Buick in the photo)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

magazine reliability is a plus compared to 7.62x39. I put my 300 upper together for about the same price as it would have cost to do one in 7.62x39. I cant say what accuracy folks get from their 7.62x39 AR's, but my 300 is a tack driver.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'll let you know when I get to print my new x39 upper on paper MtDew. With deer season on, I just haven't had the chance yet. Ive just done a rough sight in off a branch at cans and small rocks on the river bank the day I got it. But it Seems to do OK, best I can tell so far, but can't honestly say what groups will be from a rest and at a target quite yet?

I don't have any issues with the mags I got for mine though,100% reliable so far. I just got the 10 round C Product mags though. I gather the aluminum 30's are the ones that tend to have issues from what I've read, some spread and jam or they don't have the right curve is what I've heard is the issue with those, not really sure, just what I've read?

I don't have any 30's yet to be able to say. But when I do get some it sounds like ,by reviews, it may be a good idea to stick with the C Products ones for 30 rounders, they seem to have good reviews. Has anyone used those C Product 30's? I'd kinda like to know if there OK before I buy a bunch after the holidays. Or other suggestions as to which mags do work well and which don't in the x39 AR's?

Any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've taken this thing out hunting twice now and I am likeing it very much! I can carry this thing all day if I want. The balance is very nice, and everyone who handles it thinks so as well. No luck on getting a shot at a deer though. I did have a magnificent buck stop about 60 yards away. The landowner had asked if I wanted to take a doe, so I opted not to shoot. I would really like to be invited back! When I told him about it, he asked if I had shot him. I said no, that he had invited me to take a doe only. He says, "Aw,hell, it would have been alright." Now he tells me!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I Remember in the last century (30years) ago some one asking me what that thing was I was carrying. I explained it was a semi automatic version of the military M16. They said is that a "machine gun"? Yep same damn thing. Actually 40 years ago for my first build semi AR.I still try to educate and its worked on occasion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Doggone it! You guys have me thinking again! Seems I have more 7.62x39 than 5.56. Might do an upper in the 7.62. May even have a couple boxes of the steel core Chinese stuff that I'll just keep. You can download standard AR mags can't you? Since I have mostly 20 rounders by choice ten rounds should work out fine. ENABLERS!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Oh but wait, stalky! The AR15 assault weapon has no sporting use! At least that's what the gun grabbers keep spouting. Even if it didn't, so what, right? I get on my soapbox at the barbershop, explaining to the fudds that make statements like "Assault rifles should be banned because you don't need them for hunting" that the 2nd amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.