.223 Wylde question. What the hell are they. Do you guys like em.??????????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .223 Wylde question. What the hell are they. Do you guys like em.??????????

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question .223 Wylde question. What the hell are they. Do you guys like em.??????????

Our vendors are selling the Wylde barrel, people are buying the Wylde barrel, people are putting rounds through the Wylde. So WTF is it? Is their a their a thread here with info going on it?
    Now I hit Wikipedia to find out what the hell it is, what rounds does it fire, etc.
    They essentially said it fires standard .223 plus 5.56x45. All my ARs can do that, yes no? I know I know if it is chambered in just .223 don't fire the 5.56 in it. Confused on this one????
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Asked the same question 4th. Is it a 5.56 throat like I had to ask for 30 yrs.ago as a machine gun chamber when I started assembling them or hype to sell better? Actually 35yrs.ago but who's counting?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

i asked this question the other day too!

DUnn was good enough to answer me.

but it sure boils down to much ado about nothing. the latest sales pitch. all my 5.56/.223 chambered guns run just fine... so im not shelling out more for for this latest relabeling.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

It is just better insurance that it will fire both 5.56 and .223. I have had a barrel that was labeled 5.56 but was actually 223 ad would not chamber 5.56 worth a shit. Many manufactures in the past have not really had good control over this. The wylde chambering is Match chambering that is much more likely to be flexible with all 223/556 ammo. At least that I what I have dug up over the last year. If you have a good chamber it is not necessary if you have a bunch of 556 and it does not chamber worth a shit in your barrel... It might be worth the price of a barrel to fix that.

-Pat

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

I have been kicking the idea around to get a wylde finsih reamer and ream out the 223 barrels I have for m85 kits I have just to ensure reliable 5.56 capability.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

During one of those aw ban things back when the only barrel I could get was a 14.5 Bushmaster from the first government contract. Vortex fh pinned and tiged I was happy. I've just always liked the cmp marking on the barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry Pat so it is in the throat?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

As I understand it, the 223 Wylde chamber combines the inherent accuracy of the 223 over the 5.56 with the ability to chamber and fire either 223 or 5.56 nato. And I think it has something to do with the throat. I have several, and I must say, that on a couple of them they would not fully chamber my reloads, while my 5.56 bbl's would. I solved the prob by very lightly reaming the chambers w/ a 223 reamer. It cut material from the shoulder only, by looking at the chips on the reamer afterwards.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cha ching! Thank you dew. Now as all factory reamers do as they wear..Now you know why I love this hobby.It's a constant thought process. Totally unrelated but I asked my neighbor why he wouldn't turn his wood around in the splitter to make it give more efficient cuts of wood. He walked off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's probably what was going on, as some of my Wylde bbl's would chamber the reloads and a couple would not. I only had to remove a very tiny bit to get the bolt to close. Worn factory reamer. Makes sense. I never thought of that. Thanks stalker.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.