want to make an "H" buffer.. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: want to make an "H" buffer..

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Guy View Post
    Would an adjustable gas block be an option?
    Yes! It is one very important part of the equation....There is no substitute for gas volume, and there is no substitute for reciprocal mass.... The goal is balance, with some slop for temperature, humidity, ammo variations, projectile variations, etc...
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yes,yes,and yes bellson. SAR had a great write up umpteen years ago dealing with Stoners design and barrel length vs.gas tube transferring energy to the key on the carrier. My wife asked me what I was thinking about and ten minutes in she just told me to shut up! Hard to find people that actually get any of this. Off topic, but how is the son doing with the welding course? Think about you guys time to time. Feel free to PM or maybe you still have the email address.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Stalky, I sent it USPS. Should get to you soon.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Should be a great Christmas present Dew! I really appreciate it man and thank you, truly there are some great folks here. You know my youngest son is in lttle Rock don't you? Doing the corporate thing @ PEPSICO. Odd since he started out pre med. Go figure.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How's he liking it here? It's home to me so what do I know? I've been all over and always ended up back in Arkansas. Wish I was younger and not so tied down. I would travel around the country meeting Gunco regulars.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

We agree on the younger and traveling dew. BTW the way some little brown box was delivered by the government today..postal service that is! He and wife and Bruno(the dog) are enjoying their time there. Have no idea what he did with the handguns I gave him. He better still have the Maryland gun works custom smith 25-2 I gave him or he'll never see the all colt but receiver I built for him but I digress. THANK YOU DEW AND MERRY CHRISTMAS from one hillbilly to another.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Stalker, please post your results when you get to it. I'm very interested in how your experimenting goes.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

While were on the subject of buffers, have any of you guys ever put a buffer pad on your buffer face where the bolt carrier impacts it? My old Bushmaster is showing signs of wear and a ring is starting from all I've shot through it. I was thinking about making a 1/8-1/4" thick nylon disk with a countersunk hole in the middle to attach it to the buffer face with a small countersunk head machine screw locktited in place, a # 6 or #8 fine thread grade 8.

Has anyone done this or can anyone foresee any issues by doing so? I don't believe the small amount of extra weight will effect it adversly, especially sense I rarely shoot anything below 62 grains, and for hunting generally over 62 grains .

What ya think???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Like this, right? http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod19699.aspx Keeps this from happening-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

twa,been done and works. Dew when my eyes get cleared up from the cataract stuff I think I'll take a grade five bolt first and turn the head down to specs and with a counter bore in the body first for the tungsten. Thinking way outside the box. The weight of the turned down body itself should be sufficient but I've just been wondering about the slap,you know for carrier bounce. TWA, man i'm sorry but that is a great idea. I just had a brain fart I had to get out.
    The idea of cushions on the buffer face is something I haven't explored. I've read about it and the idea of a cushion between it and the carrier is cool since there will always be that "bump" between the two is a good idea. Hell winters coming. Time to experiment!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.