Musical AR parts weekend!!! Thanks to Santa!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Musical AR parts weekend!!! Thanks to Santa!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Actually no I hadn't and have heard the 223 mags do work if you keep the capacities down,,sometimes. I gather with the 223 mags, the X39's tend to nose dive and do not come out of the mags consistently, just hear say though, I never really tried the 223 mags with X39 rounds.

These X39 C Product mags have a slightly wider "wide slot" on the sides of the mags which are supposed to cradle the rounds better and they have a more extreme curve to accommodate the X39 rounds compared to a 223 mag as well as being a bit of a lower in the area on the front of the mags where the bullets slide forward. Those are the only differences I can see side by side, other than being stainless steel and having the Wollf extra power springs of course.

They ran about 18 bucks each, yup a bit more than 223 mags, but hopefully they work well, the C Product 10 rounders certainly do. And they unload by hand just as frigging hard!!! I even had to end up using the soft end of my lighter to slide them all out,,otherwise my thumb would have looked like hamburg otherwise!!! There very stiff!! Much more so than the 223 mags.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

hvymax nice job on those weapons..
    stalker the original 3 prong FH went the way of the dinosaur. While good as a collector item for original early M-16 Colts guys were taking them off in Nam. Walking through heavy cover or brush it was like walking with a damn pitchfork in front of you. Damn things were snagging on everything and not doing much for the flash.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If ya got a couple 20 round mags try ten or so in em. You know by now firepower means squat to me these days. Back when the platform was introduced it was common to just download. Like most AR mags some run, some don't. Honest injun that's the only reason I didn't jump on the bandwagon way back then. Mags and price. That and a couple sks and ak's. Try one bud. You'll just cuss stalky later!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

4th I know what you're saying bro. I know but like a lotta vets from generations gone by, it's nostalgia. Personally it was an A1 fullstock with the birdcage flash hider with the teardrop forward assist. Triangular handguards and the color was OD on the uniform. WWII barracks stateside. Practical? Probably not. Will my kids know what i assembled? Probably not. My wife? Hell man i'll be dead. It's nostalgia. I'm sure we've both got our toys that don't resemble anything like the original. But I remember the selector switch ,the mag tap to seat cartridges. Slapping the mag home and hitting it one more time to make sure it's seated. Slamming the bolt catch to charge the chamber. I'm the same way with 1911's. It's instinct. AND DATS ALL FOLKS!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Shit Man, I've probably had a dozen different variations of most any gun known to man at this point in my life stalker! My Pa did have a shop when I grew up after all and I damn near cut my teeth while cleaning surplus Mausers for the "old man". So I'm going to have to say,,ya,, I've owned or handled most every gun ever made, even some 1400's ones !! I even got to touch the original "Rail Gun". My Pa was one of the engineers that designed and built the electrical control systems for it in the mid 60's or so?,,now that's some pretty cool shit there now ain't it?? I got to check that thing out first hand when I was just youngster and it was an amassing thing to see! Especially sense you know your old man helped design and build it. Now Talk about a big bore!! Holly Sheet!!! It looked like something out of a sci-fi movie to me !! As a teen, I was dully impressed,, To Say The Least!!!

So I guess I can't just blame you guys for being bad influences, my Pa started me off at 5 or 6 so I can't put all the blame on you after all, Pa had a head start on that one!

In my first real house I had a VERY COOL 1400's bronze "Buttress Gun" hanging on my game room wall along with a bunch of other neat conversation starters like a demilled 1919 water cooled set up on a tripod next to the fireplace with a belt of dummy rounds and catch can , looking all set to go with a small original "2 pounder" deck gun on a wood carriage on the other side, several Brown Bess rifles, some Kentucky squirrel rifles, match locks , flint locks and lots of other neat old stuff, and a jewelers case full of Colt ,Remington SA's, Luger's, and lots of older engraved pistols, dueling pistol sets, ect . I went through a jag where I bought up several collections at estate auctions and made bids on entire collections elsewhere when they'd come up. Then I'd do a bunch of horse trading and make a few bucks here and there doing so. That was way back in the late 70's I guess? Hell you couldn't do that nowadays without having an armed guard,,,or it would all disappear in a shot!!! I can't even imagine how many $$$ worth of guns were pretty much just hanging there, out in the open?? Those were the good old days though, to many crooks nowadays to do that shit!!!

I sorta did that for about 2 years when I really had gotten sick of working for others, but it's a tough way to make a buck! It just wasn't working out having a family and being gone 75% of the time. You ,,can,, make a living at it, but you'd better be ready to travel and be away from any kind of home life and invest some big bucks on high end antique guns. You'll get run ragged doing it too. But you can make a living.

Kinda like the guys on "The Pickers" show must be, those guys must be on the road 24/7 ,,hunting down them deals,, I sure was. It's allot more work than it's cracked up to be!! Believe me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well then. Fuk a duk running up a fukn tree! We still buds bro. 1911's and M16's/Ar 15 are .still ingrained in my knowledge base. Oh hell Les you cracking me up . just talking instinctual things. 40+years of living on a couple firearms is that. Going to boot and knowing and being able to explain what's wrong with the rifle is a bad thing. A very very bad thing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Actually it's kinda good that most guns have some shortcomings,,Otherwise we wouldn't have the chance to play around changing up shit all the time,,Hell that's half the fun,,making them ,,,,,
    Juuuuuust right !!

Kinda like in the 3 bears story,,,

Boy stalker,,We sure dragged this thread way off track Gezzzz!

Weren't we talking about the modularity of the AR's ???

Whats the next subject along that vein folks,,,,,

How about a minimalist type fixed ultra light stock, anyone know of something decent that don't cost an arm and a leg? I want to trim down this X39 furniture weight wise as much as I can without going broke doing it.

Hell if I could just find something like the paintball guns have on the end of there air tanks, that would be just fine with me as long as the LOP is right I'm good. I saw one similar back a bit ago that just clamped on the back of the tube, but I'll be damned if I can remember just who made it right off or find it again?? I think that one would be to short though. It looked something like a butt pad with a rubber coated extension tube that slid over the recoil tube and clamped down. Kinda like the fixed Ace stock without the reinforcement bar is what I'm looking for. I want something very light and simple and not all tac cool kinda crap,,it's a hunting gun,and not a range toy. I still got to tote it through the woods remember. I want light , simple and bullet proof, nothing fancy. Any Ideas that I may not have seen yet????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah twa, that's why we're buds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I still go back to the Jeff Cooper thing. Tap,rack,bang.

Feedback Score

The Ace Modular gun stock is my Huckleberry.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.