Musical AR parts weekend!!! Thanks to Santa!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Musical AR parts weekend!!! Thanks to Santa!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

"Huckleberry" ,,,is that a good thing or a bad thing??? Hadn't heard that expression before,,,,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Bad when Val Kilmer said it in Tombstone.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well I went and checked the 0 on the x39 AR after changing to the Magpul MOE Slim Line fore arms and checked out the new 28 round mags,,,I couldn't be happier on all counts.

I like the MOE SL forearms really well even though they could use just a titch more texturing for better grip. Even so I shoot even better now with that rifle sense I can actually hold it out further on the forearm now like I like to,,much better. I normally use a glove to grip the forearm better when shoot rifles anyway so grip won't be as much of an issue for me.

The 28 round mags,,perfect, not a hick-up. I've got to give both the 10 & 28 round C Product Defense mags a thumbs up for a x39 gun. They worked perfect.

And 0 was off by only a 1/4", if even that, 1 click did it. I was able to trim tree branch's the size of your thumb at 50-60 yards with no problem anyways, so close enough. I'll have to set up our normal "penny target" next nice day and see how this AR does on that? With 22's we normally shoot at 50-60 yards, with the x39 I may go out to 75-100 and try hitting them then just for shits and see how this gun really patterns.

This Bear Creek upper I got just before deer season has been a winner too! It seems the more I shoot it the better it groups, at least it sure seems to be shooting tighter the last couple trips out. I've got probably 700 rounds through it now I'd guess, so it's broke in and it's time to shoot for groups and see what she says.

Life is good!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Minute of tree is good. Minute of branch is great!! Looking forward to new flat top headed this way. Great to hear the feedback twa!! My 5.56 ammo seems to be disappearing. The 7.62 x39 and 25 seems lonely.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just saying, APEX. And others are throwing out some great deals right now. When the wallet gets filled up and that upper gets here i'll probably be hoping the Daggone priority mail or the ups truck has been here before the wife gets home. When she retires in a 6 months or so? I should be done. Really?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    hvymax nice job on those weapons..
    stalker the original 3 prong FH went the way of the dinosaur. While good as a collector item for original early M-16 Colts guys were taking them off in Nam. Walking through heavy cover or brush it was like walking with a damn pitchfork in front of you. Damn things were snagging on everything and not doing much for the flash.
    I don't own any Weapons!!! Weapon implies intent and unless you are a deer, goose, clay pigeon or tree I don't own any Weapons!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Exactly hvymax,,,

All I own is "guns" now, cause guns are for fun,,as Ermi would say!! My days of getting serious defending this country with weapons are over unless called back into service to do so,,,

Then I'll have weapons again,,,and that would be just fine with me !
    That way ,,Uncle Sugar can supply the ammo again!!

I'd have no issue backing up this country, the military or law enforcement should I ever be needed in some capacity again! Decrepit or not,,,I can still shoot and observe/guard so I'll be there for this country if called no matter what,,

I don't think there is a statute of limitations on the oath I took to protect and defend this country, either in the military or law enforcement and with Fire/rescue too for that matter!! Least ways None I recognize anyhow,,,,but I'm just old fashion that way.

Semper Fi,,,,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I am a dinosaur twa.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My lungs are shot but I keep my skills sharp taking out english starlings with my muzzled air rifles.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I keep sharp by shooting small balloons 2" or so, at anywhere from 50-100 yards floating down a fast running stream with 22's,, that's real good practice trying to hit them buggers bobbing and weaving all around,,real good fun.

Hell, Anyone can hit a paper target or cans just sitting there , but the balloons keep ya real sharp for shooting at game much better IMO. You never know just which way there going to go. You'll almost be ready to smoke it and it will disappear only to pop up 5 -10 feet away a couple seconds later. It's damn near as good as shooting at rabbits bouncing all around, great practice with a 22 bolt gun or even shotguns for that matter and you can get pretty good pretty fast that way.

Try it some time if you have a quick running stream handy near you. You'll never go back to just shooting targets sitting still again.
    For a good competition put 2 different colors in for 2 shooters and just see who can smoke there own color balloons first, that makes even a better challenge out of it and really makes shooting way more fun for friendly family competitions.

My son and I do that and have penny shooting match's quite often and we have a blast doing it , and it just puts a bit more of a challenge into a shooting match and can usually give you a good laugh on those days ya just can't hit shit!!!!

So there mike,,what ya got coming for an upper, make , caliber ect ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.