Musical AR parts weekend!!! Thanks to Santa!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Musical AR parts weekend!!! Thanks to Santa!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Musical AR parts weekend!!! Thanks to Santa!!!

Got my 10 1/4" A2 kit. I had the Golf ball launcher ready to weld before it arrived and installed it before I assembled the receiver. Now that I have a toy bullet hose my other AR can get the full precision 3gun treatment. I never thought building AR's would be cheaper than AK's!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    railbuggy likes this.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have to say,sweet on both rifles. Very nice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I was looking at 5.5"flash hiders for my 11.5" ar15 pistol I completed last week. I think I'll keep it as is. For now.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Found an original three prong GI FH in the parts box. When the deal on the complete upper gets here I'll be looking for the teardrop forward assist GI I've been looking for. My kids will never get it even though they're all gun owners. Oh well I'll never have a hydramatic again either. Sugar probably crushed it a long time ago anyway.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I just put a Magpul MOE Slim Line forearm on my X39 today, first impressions, I like it. For a carbine length gun there pretty nice. I like how they extend past/cover the gas block, and with my somewhat long arms I can now reach out like I like to without burning my little pinkies,,,,,that has always been an issue with carbine length guns for me. It feels more like a mid length one now. I think I'll like it better??

AK's and VZ 58's or most anything with a short forearm & gas block I have the same issue with generally.

Of course I half to take the scope off so I'll have to go check out O on it now,,
    Awww What a shame,,,,

That's as good as an excuse as any to dust off a couple rounds, best as I can figure??

Oh Well , Hell of a job bit someones got to do it!!

I've got some new C Product Defense 28 rounders for it I'd like to try out too. I got those a couple weeks ago and still need to try them out yet.

I really wanted a carbon fiber free float forearm to lighten it up as much as possible but the one that really yanked my Ya Ya was > LIKE 200 BUCKS!!!!! NO FUCKING WAY!!! It's like the ones on the new Sig's, the octagon one. That would be really sweet for a hunting gun!!

I'm going to drop down to a straight 4X scope too, something semi compact and light with a big objective and a 30mm tube if possible?? You don't really need much more than that for a X39 IMHO,,I wont be taking shots way out yonder with it , so no real need for a bigger heaver scope.
    Last edited by twa2471; 02-03-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Remember the original colt single power? Locked on the carry handle. 3× I think. What you need for a woods gun? Know where they came from? Japan with the colt logo. Great optic. Did its job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gonna try out the Troy handguards soon. Very soon I hope. Put the magpul stock on mine too. ARs are legos for grownups !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

twa have you tried downloading the 223 mags? Sorry man, just asking. I'm curious for sure man.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

This particular gun is a 7.62X39 and I've just tried them by manually cycling them at this point stalker, and I haven't had the chance to get them out and run them normally yet. They are a BEAR to unload by hand though, there's no frigging doubt about that one mister!!! There thumb busters to unload by hand, for sure !!!! Loading them though , no problem.

But by just cycling the action by hand they all seem to strip out real well, with no issues at all. I do have 3 of the 10 round C Products Defense mags and they act the same, but function 100% so far after about 4-500 rounds so hopefully the 28 rounders will be just as good?

I guess from what I've read, mags have always been the issue with the X39 AR platforms in the past but the C Product Defense mags seem to have eliminated that issue from all the reviews I've read?? There is one other that have heard good reviews on too,CSA's I think they were ??? I gather all the other X39 mags for AR's are junk? Just what the reviews say though, but I have no first hand experience with other brands to compare to otherwise??

I have read good reviews so far on the 28 and 30 round CPD's , so I hope they'll be as flawless as the 10 rounders are. I got the 28's because they fit a standard M16 pouch, where as the 30's do not.

It's poring rain here today and there calling for 40+ MPH winds later on, so I probably won't get the chance to try them out today either unless we get a break in the weather. Drat!!! But I'll let you guys know how they work after I do get the chance to try them out.

That is one thing I do like about the AR platform too, it can be reconfigured in short order no matter what operation your doing, even changing calibers,,,Love those tinker toy guns in that respect!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry twa. I was asking if you had tried downloading standard 223 mags. When the platform just came out caliber specific mags were hard to come by. And expensive to boot. At the time standard ar mags were downloaded a bit for function. A tweak sometimes helped and the mag follower changed. Cut to the chase my friend, have ya stuck a few rounds of x39 in the 223 mag and give it a try? Waiting for the upper on its way now. And you're right bro it ain't pouring. It's coming down rain in buckets! stay dry and blame Al Gore for all this global warming!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.