Trying to decide on an optic

Thread: Trying to decide on an optic

Feedback Score

Default Trying to decide on an optic

Recently purchased the new Sig Mcx in 5.56/.223 cal. and I am trying to decide what optic to put on. Choices are Aimpoint red dot or Burris 2x7 compact scope. Please vote and explain why. Thanks

sig mcx 001.jpgsig mcx 002.jpg

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I'd say it depends on how you're going to use the rifle. With that rifle I would go for the Aimpoint and use it on up close targets.

Nice rifle...BTW

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Intended range an actual use an percision of your needed hits would dictate the optic.
    Unless your doing clise range work on people or some compition id go with the scope that makes hits on small things out far.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

All in all the scope is gonna be more flexible. Dial it down to 2 for closer shots and up for longer. But then again I have a red dot on my fav AR with 14.5" bbl that I have no problems scoring hits on torso at 500 yards. Its all give an take.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

If weight is not a problem maybe go with all three. I,m assembling a AR15-5.56 type machine, and am looking into a combination of laser/red dot/and a magnifer. My paper work list my striped AR lower as a (other) so I can treat it like a Lego set. My first assembly I want it to be a pistol with a barrel lenght 10.5 to 16 inchs. I lost use of my right eye but still shoot right handed. I use XXX+ hi-rise scope mounts for a right side cheek use with my left eye.
    Is that a folder and what make?
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Super nice weapon yah got their donde. Geez I can't help yah on the scope as super long range shooting here in the swamp is 50 yards. Hell down here we don't even need iron sights, lot of guys just use a bayonet when their hunting to save ammo.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.