WTF does MOE mean? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTF does MOE mean?

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Railbuggy if i'm not mistaken the business was founded by vet wanting better kit for the troops. And did. USMC vet. Began the business 1999.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Right stalker. I had to look it up after I thought about it. My tour ended March 3rd 1978.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rails my bud don't tell me i'm right! I'll start thinking i'm an RKI or something.Y'all know my sense of humor is breaking out already? I ain't wrong I'm just different.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

This is the MOE SL I just put on mine about a week back.

I'd talked about it on another tread, so if you've heard/read it, bear with me. There's lots of things I like about it so far from my limited usage, a good walk through the woods with it will bring out any shortcomings though, that's next. There allot nicer than the standard clunky M4 forearms IMHO though, much nicer looking and feeling too.

Overall I like it allot, it's way more comfortable for me being about 1 1/2" longer and covering the gas block. That I've always had issues with, carbine length guns with gas blocks. I have fairly long arms and with that type gun, VZ58,AK's AR's ect, I always seem to creep up on the gas blocks and end up burning my fingers! With this forearm being longer and covering the gas block it seems to have eliminated that issue and added the extra length so it fits me better besides. It pretty much makes a carbine length gun feel more like a mid length gun to me! I like that. I also like the way it flares over and under the Delta ring, that protects your hand some if you use your mag well as a holding point like some folks I know do. I also like the bit of a flare at the front of it, it makes a very good reference point to hold so you hold it exactly the same each time.

It fits like a glove as you can see and is nice and thin width wise. It will take a bit of finagling to get the "ears" on one part tucked in where they need to be, but not to hard really ,it just takes 47 fingers and a little patience to do it,,,,, hint,,,a spare hand with the delta ring tool would certainly make it much easier !! I didn't so it took 4-5 minutes to install and pinched my fingy!!!YOUCH!

Another thing that impressed me was that it didn't have any sharp edges at the ends of the panels, no casting sprue's or anything else funky like that, it's defiantly nice quality. The heat shield is nice also and seems to work quite well, I put about 100 rounds through it within about 15 minutes and it cooled off nicely and never felt hot.

I did find one thing that I think could use improvement though, the grip. To me it seems to be a bit slick and not quite enough texture to it, for bare handed use, I noticed that right off. Not horrible now mind you, but it could be just a bit better IMO. I normally shoot rifles with the rubber palmed/finger light weight knit gloves anyways so for me it's really no big deal, but something to mention anyways. Oh Ya,,BTW, it IS set up for the "M-Lock" attachments if your into all that rail thingy stuff.

So there ya have it in a nutshell ! I like mine so far!!

BTW, if short forearms aren't an issue for you, the Magpul site has the 1st Gen slightly shorter ones on clearance right now for 17 bucks and change if your looking, there's some AK & shotgun ones on clearance too @ about 1/2 the normal price,,just a heads up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by twa2471; 02-09-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I checked this one I have. It's the grey one I thought. Rock solid collapsible stock. Padded buttplate. Stuck a lonestar ordnance pistol grip from the parts box on it. Feels good. Minute of tree for sure. Annd.. Of course I gotta come back to add sumn else, That grey stock on a black gun is kinda like a camo thing.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

ok back on the real MOE topic:

im not into tacticool on anything.... BUT MagPUl stuff has been really awesome.. from their mags to their stocks.. never had a bad product.

but currently im doing their stuff on AK's. (we already have a thread here with it posted)
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

On that I believe we all agree. Practical just works. Military buys it. Ground pounders like it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I was trained with the M16A1 back in 74 but I was issued the M14 on SeaDuty and at Yorktown Naval Weapons Station. Never really had anything good to say about the poodle shooters. Sold most of my guns when the wife keep getting pregnant back in the 90s. I started buying more guns in 2004 after a neighbor broke in my house and threatened me if I pressed charges. My rifles at home now are a Ruger77 in 30/06, FAL L1A1 in 7.62x51, SKS and a few AKMs. Mom gifted my two brothers and me 14k each last december and I promply paid off the 11k owed on my car loan. While checking out SLICKGUN one day I saw a AR15 carbine made by a company called ANDERSON ARMS that is near our Greater Cincinnati Airport in Hebron,Ky. After checking out the Anderson Arms website I called a local distributor on there list wanting to buy a AR15 kit. He said he would sell me a brand new Anderson for $499. Turned out he assembled it himself, but I bought it anyway. Next I bought a SPIKES stripped lower and a LPK by DPMS and a ATI pistol buffer tube assembly. I ordered the top end from PSA and it is a 11.5" 5.56 pistol upper flat top with the A2 front sight. After reading a little about these poodle shooters, I now want to assemble a varmint rifle with a somewhere between 18-24 inch barrel.

PS: I have read that Anderson is not high quality but was told a AR is a AR is a AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The receiver? Out side of those half assed oly cast ones they knowingly dumped on the market in the 90's they is what they is. Only two or three foundries produce lowers that are final finished by the companies that mark them as theirs. Unless something has changed. Billet cut I really don't don't know about. That cheap ass oly out of spec lower that cost me a bunch of hours to make work? Ten pound sledgehammer took care of that. IMHO. Never seen stalky say dat. Anderson should be good. The extras is where it's at. Me and Oly? Don't get along. Of course your mileage and views may vary.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

twa2471-I'm waiting for my money to drop. We have a chain of gun stores called TRIGGERS in northern Ky and southeast Ind. They carry Magpul and other custom AR parts for the builder.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.