Anderson match set

Thread: Anderson match set

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Anderson match set

I've been buying Anderson stripped lowers locally for my builds but have been unable to find Anderson stripped uppers at the local brick & mortar joints. I've used SOTA Arms stripped uppers on my last two builds(#3&4) and was unhappy with the loose fit. I broke down and ordered a couple of Anderson AR A3 Stripped uppers w/ completion kits from our friends at AIM. I felt sorry for the UPS guy when he delivered the box to me yesterday around 17:30. He was all bundled up but still looked like a ice cycle. It was 17f and wet in my AO yesterday. I wasted no time putting the F.A. and the port cover on the uppers and then removing the barrel from the SOTA upper from #4. After replacing the SOTA upper with a Anderson upper, I pinned it to my Anderson lower build. Tighter then a ten week Marine Corps recruit. My #2 build was a PSA upper to a Spikes lower. It was a tight fit also. Merry Christmas/RB
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rails I had to look up SOTA. Got any thoughts on the price,quality and fit/ function of their uppers? Thanks man.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not much. I saw some stuff on there website. I looked them up and I don't believe they make a lower at this time. I have three of there uppers that came with the forward assist and the port cover installed. The TRIGGER'S Firearm Stores that carry them in my area sold them in a unmarked clear plastic clamshell priced at $59.99ea. Great price. On my last build I custom cut a piece of gum rubber to fit in the space below the rear takedown pin. That takes out the wiggle between the mismatched upper and lower. The SOTA uppers I bought had no cast mark to ID the product. I just have the stores word that they were made by SOTA. Other then the loose fit on the Anderson lowers, they look to be good low cost uppers with a good finish. For now I have three of there uppers with two of them still on builds.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think it was an accu wedge we used years ago for play. Last I saw they may have been a buck apiece. Enjoy your Christmas building Rails.
    Buy some ammo.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the accu-wedge tip. I'm new to the AR building scene.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What kind of stocks Mike? Collapsible or fixed? Just curious.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've got the Magpul CTR carbine stocks on number 3 and 4. They both have free float Super Slim rails of 9 & 15". Number 1 was 100% Anderson 16" Carbine, and #2 was Anderson LPK in a Spikes stripped lower. I bought the 11.5" PSA upper to put on the Spike.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I like the Magpul stocks. If i'm not mistaken the owner is a Vet. They always get my business first.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BTW Mike Sportsman Guide is selling Anderson lowers with LPK'S installed for 79$ now. Great deal guys.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks Mike. I'll check that out. I need to fall back and regroup. Spending money over my budget right now with Christmas around the corner. I could use a few more LPKs to go with my 3 Anderson stripped lowers sitting in my parts box. I need to order a couple 1/2x28 flash hiders to finish #4 and have a spare. Spent all afternoon with my daughter and her baby at the hospital today. Isabelle was born at 04:41 this morning. Rebecca is my third child. She's 19 and my second youngest.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.