Soda Can Cannon

Thread: Soda Can Cannon

Feedback Score

Default Soda Can Cannon

Has anyone ever built a Soda Can Cannon for the AR platform? Seen one at Knob Creek and thought it would be a fun item to make. Dimensioned drawings, if possible would certainly be great. How about a golf or tennis ball launcher?
    Johnny V
    NRA Benefactor
    Member OGCA & GOA
    CCW OH & PA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I saw that too at Knob Creek, but I didn't see any for sale.
    Back years ago I made a tennis ball launcher out of the old steel soda pop cans.
    Is this what they were using?
    https://www.xproducts.com/product/ca...her-ar-15-m16/
    I think I would rather have a good 5.56 upper for that price!!LOL

Feedback Score

That's the one I saw at Knob Creek. One of the guys launched the can and the other guy was trying to hit it with a shotgun (he wasn't that great of a shot).

Thought it was kind of novel and would like to build one.
    Johnny V
    NRA Benefactor
    Member OGCA & GOA
    CCW OH & PA

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_V View Post
    Has anyone ever built a Soda Can Cannon for the AR platform? Seen one at Knob Creek and thought it would be a fun item to make. Dimensioned drawings, if possible would certainly be great. How about a golf or tennis ball launcher?
    used to build these all the time... & got DemonDave 1 for xmas this past year. lots of fun.

now days, i just buy them from our good buddy James Malarkey (X products) its a papered, legal & very slickly produced item. the adapter to shoot golf balls out of it is available.
    you can make it just like his for around $200... but since he/i are social, its just not something im gonna do anymore.

Tennisball & Golf ball launchers are something i started making way before getting into this hobby & ive done them for lots of guys on the sites. the type & style is the most important thing to know first.

ive got lots of pix posted on this here in the archives..... & if you need components to do these let me know.... & i can give you a copy of the atf letter on them as well.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score

Wow almost $400 for a 20 inch tube, And then dutiga post up it can be made for $200! What the hell is that thing made of silver? That's completely ridiculous. I don't see how the tube plus an upper can be more expensive then $100 and that's at the high limit! That's just crazy but the saying says "a fool and his money shall be easily parted!"

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I know two different things but I really enjoyed PVC tater launching. Almost hit my dad in the head with an Idaho spud. He never heard it going overhead.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    Wow almost $400 for a 20 inch tube, And then dutiga post up it can be made for $200! What the hell is that thing made of silver? That's completely ridiculous. I don't see how the tube plus an upper can be more expensive then $100 and that's at the high limit! That's just crazy but the saying says "a fool and his money shall be easily parted!"
    quick break down:

bolt/carrier= $85 gmwilly
    upper= $59
    upper parts= $50
    2 5/8 tube = $10

so its probably closer to $225 if you look for spare parts at one of the shows.

but the main difference between what X prods offers & what i used to make is that they have a super slick production & can crank these things out... & literally in manufacturing if you arent doing double what it costs as your selling price? & you invested in all that set up & equip? your gonna go under.

so he's not really overpriced for a company produced product with a ATF approval letter.

but yes if you just wanted to do "1"? you can do it cheaper.

now on the non center fired versions from PVC? in air or fuel powered? like Nutz is talking about?

You'd be hard pressed to find a better set up than what ive been building for 30+ years now.. it just works.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.