Gunco Forums banner

Rio's Drug War - Lotta FALs

7K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Tommo 
#1 ·
Rio's drug warA small war took place last week in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, between Brazilian forces and hundreds of drug traffickers holed up in the shantytown complex dubbed Complexo do Alemão. After recent efforts by officials to pacify Rio's drug and gang-related violence ahead of the upcoming the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics Games, drug gangs struck out last week - attacking police stations and staging mass robberies. After days of preparation, Brazilian security forces launched a raid in the Complexo do Alemão, where between 500 and 600 drug traffickers were holed up. At least 42 people were killed in the violence last week, with security forces taking control of many neighborhoods. A relatively low number of arrests were made, and authorities warn of further conflict as continue to flush out more suspects in Rio's maze of favelas. (40 photos total)

http://peakoilpetroleumandpreciousmetals.yuku.com/topic/13442/t/Rio-s-drug-war.html

See less See more
Reactions: Tommo
#6 ·
#18 ·
Favelas are rock hills in Rio that even the police wouldn't go into when I was there a few years back. The maps of the city didn't even show the roads in them. There is no underground septic because of the rock base so the smell is notable. They feed on the adjacent city like Morlocks. I wondered what the city would do with them for the soccer match. With 20% of the city population there, it'll get alot more interesting.

#19 ·
FAL's have always been popular in South American countries as well as in Africa, most of the military and police forces still use them as issue guns. There a design that is still in use ,,years after being introduced,,why not,,,there a GREAT GUN!!!!

Kick my ass I sold mine!!! GERRRRR It had been worked and I used to shoot crows @ 600 yards with 168 internationals with it,,,,,,,no prob!

POOF ,,,GONE !!!:lol::lol:

#20 ·
Interesting! I'll be down there for a week the end of September doing a presentation. I'll see if I can get some good pics.

I saw older Yugo AKs in Peru. I thought that was kind of an odd weapon to see there! Several P90's with some of the special security groups.....but those guys didn't want their pics taken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.