Hungarian AK Magazine 5-cell Pouches (Green Vinyl)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hungarian AK Magazine 5-cell Pouches (Green Vinyl)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Hungarian AK Magazine 5-cell Pouches (Green Vinyl)

I got a few of these and ordered 10 more. I have the green and tan pouches for 30-rd mags and some black vinyl pouches for the 20-rd mags. SG AMMO is selling the green vinyl pouches for about $4 each - not bad:

1 - Used Empty Green Vinyl Mag Pouch with Strap that Holds 5 x 30 round AK47 Mags - mags not included | SGAmmo.com

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

they are ugly and probably melt here in my garage in florida, i would get the canvas with rain repellant ones from east germany
    XSapper likes this.
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I got them in today. They look like unissued brand new mag pouches. the stitching looks like it was just done today. There is a slight white talcum storage powder on some of the leather but wipes off clean. No odor or anything unpleasant. May order more.

tmag1.jpg

MAG5.jpg

tmag3_2.jpg
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I had to check prices and what mag pouch's were being offered when you posted this. Back in 2011 or 2012 Keepshooting had new old stock E.German tear drop mag pouch on sale @ $1.95ea. I ordered 20 from them to add to my collection. I think I have about 30 today.
    Black Blade likes this.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Tan Hungarian 20-round pouches at Copes.

Hungarian AK 20rd 3 cell TAN Vinyl Pouch, Cope's Distributing

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Just a word of advice with these.

DON'T STORE YOUR MAGS IN THESE LONG TERM !!!!! They WILL rust you're mags! I've made that mistake before with a plie of G3 mags and pouches I picked up for resale way back. And when I tried wrapping them up in that brown silicone impregnated paper stuff,,the pouches themselves , degraded and started turning stiff and brittle after 6-8 months in storage.

That's why I only use "rain drop" cloth ones,,or similar,,, and all I use now, I've had no issues with cloth pouches if dried in a dryer and siliconed first.

I'm going to have to say that the vinyl pouches seem to be trapping humidity or something to make that happen. But it's fairly high humidity around here,so maybe them not breathing may be the issue with the vinyl ones in this area.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Just a word of advice with these.

DON'T STORE YOUR MAGS IN THESE LONG TERM !!!!! They WILL rust you're mags! I've made that mistake before with a plie of G3 mags and pouches I picked up for resale way back. And when I tried wrapping them up in that brown silicone impregnated paper stuff,,the pouches themselves , degraded and started turning stiff and brittle after 6-8 months in storage.

That's why I only use "rain drop" cloth ones,,or similar,,, and all I use now, I've had no issues with cloth pouches if dried in a dryer and siliconed first.

I'm going to have to say that the vinyl pouches seem to be trapping humidity or something to make that happen. But it's fairly high humidity around here,so maybe them not breathing may be the issue with the vinyl ones in this area.
    Yikes, didn't think about that. Thanks!

Fortunately I live in dry western states but good to know for those living in humid regions.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

for storage purposes

store your longtime mags this way

clean and oil the interior and exterior of each mag, then wrap in kraft or similar non acidic paper, fold or tape then label the exterior with date and country of origin. Then place in the raindrop ( East German) pouch, then place the full pouch in a ziplock bag ( heavy duty ) I add small desiccants and label again ex. 7.62 used bulgy or 5.45 eg mags used. I store them in the large tupperware containers that seal ( not water tight)
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I would listen to Sprat on this. South Florida is BRUTAL rust country. I think plastic will rust there! You can't even leave your shave cream on the vanity overnight without leaving a rust ring.
    Do you store loaded mags Jack?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Believe it or not, some oils draw in moisture, especially ones with "penetrating properties". That's why I use Silicone instead, it repels moisture.

I store ,,some mags, loaded Bradrock and I figure if the military does it, it must be OK. From what I've read it won't hurt springs either way, it's just the constant cycling of the springs that makes them weaken over time. Even though I thought for many years that mag springs were damaged by being stored loaded.I gather that's not the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

5 cell ak pouch

5 x 30 round ak pouch
ak 47 5 cell mag pouch
canvas 5 cell ak mag pouch with strap

hungarian 5 mag pouch

hungarian 5 mag pouches
hungarian ak 47 magazine pouch
hungarian ak 5 mag pouch
hungarian magazine pouch
hungarian tan 5 cell ak47 mag pouch review
mag pouch leather ak-47
surplus green vinyl ak 5 cell mag pouch - hungarian
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.