Hungarian AK-47 20rd Mags at Copes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hungarian AK-47 20rd Mags at Copes

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yep the 20 rounds with the BHO and the canvas pouches, I bought a whole bunch they make great range mags, Im paying or was paying $15 a piece for the 10 round wieger mags they are even better

no korean for me
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Ft Wayne IN. Originally from Syracuse IN.
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by wclardy View Post
    If you're interested, Classic Firearms is selling very reasonably-priced 19-round AK mags:

AK-47 20 Round Steel Magazine, Brand New, Made in South Korea

I've got 5 and my biggest (and only) complaint so far is that they market it as a 20-rounder, but that 20th round won't fit. They work well in my IO-made AK, which has a very snug magazine well that the TAPCO mags would stick in. Plus, it's nice to not monopod any more when firing (I also use 20-rounders with my ARs).
    Hey all. I have a bullpup I built and all I can use is 20 rounders. I had purchased several Hungarian when they were less than $12. A couple of months ago I bought some of the Korean units from Krebs. I hadn't even tried to load these until I read this post. Well wclardy you are correct, they initially only will take 19 rounds. I did some playing around last night. If you push down on the last round loaded with a pencil you will gain enough room to put the last round in making 20. This is a pain. I took the Korean apart and also one of my Hungarians. There is a difference in the length of the mag body. The Korean is .068 shorter and the follower seems to be about .050 longer plus the spring has 4 less coils than the Hungarian. The followers I have in my Hung mags are from Kvar. I got them to meet 922r. I took the US made follower and put it on the Korean spring and reassembled. It is now very easy to load 20 rounds into the Korean mag. Also I took the Korean follower and put it in the Hungarian and lo and behold, it only held 19 rounds also until the stack was pushed down with a pencil. So, the fix to this is to get some of the plastic followers from Kvar and put these in the Korean 20 round mags and they operate fine. I know this is a little windy but I didn't want to come off as some troll who doesn't know shit. Hope it helps.
    baumsquad likes this.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

That or just load 19 rounds.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    That or just load 19 rounds.
    Why do you feel the need to post that?
    Nothing else?
    Biggie, you're trolling. It's the definition of it. Picking a fight for no reason at all.
    What happened?
    People posting about what they like or love, about the things they are interested in and you come swinging again.
    Please, stop.
    I see a headline that sounds interesting and poof, there you are dragging it down.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    member # 575

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

20rd ak 47 magazine

ak tanker mag

copes distributing 20rd hungarian tanker magazines

hungarian 20rd ak47 mag pouches

hungarian ak 20 rd mag

hungarian tanker mag

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.