Ruger Mini-14 Estimated Value

Thread: Ruger Mini-14 Estimated Value

Feedback Score

Default Ruger Mini-14 Estimated Value

I'm potentially working on a trade with a guy. He may offer up a Plain-Jane Ruger Mini-14. I haven't seen it yet but it is used and in reasonably good condition. About what do you think (ball park - big ball park) that rifle would be worth? I looked at GunBroker and saw prices ranging from $350 to $999. I want to be fair to him, but I also want to go in armed with knowledge.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In today's world four bills to me when a clean ar is six.ruger hi cap mags factory folder adds up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

We had been talking about some gun value estimates recently between members and it seems different parts of the country have almost a whole different price scale it seems for the same gun. Some stuff is cheaper in some parts of the country than the other and I gather there's just a higher or lower demand for particular style gun than in other areas ,seriously effecting pricing.

We had a thread going on FAL's and around here the one I sold about 3-4 years ago , my best offer on it locally was a tops of 1K with a scope, top end scope mount and 8-10 mags, and that took 2-3 months before even I got that high an offer.

I decided to put it on Gun Broker,at 1400 for a "buy it now" price,,and it sold the second day, and early the second day at that. So I'd say there's no rhyme or reason to prices scales with some guns. It depends on the demand in your area for that particular gun I guess.

Around here a really decent bare, wood stock mini 14 with no accessories runs in the 600 range. But yet again, I see very few on the shelves so prices may be a bit higher here? Mini 30's are more popular around here IF you do see one though . I do know neither seem to stay on the shelves for very long though, especially the mini 30's.

Myself what they get for them around here is to much IMHO.

I know that wasn't much help, but prices are so far apart from one part of the country to the other,it's really hard to guess. Just do your research and check you local prices on similar condition guns and go from there is about all I can offer up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

If the prefix of the serial number is below 185 it is pre-ban and is worth a lot more in states where the AWB did not sunset. GB models or factory folders also fetch a lot more $$$ than a std or ranch models.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I did have a factory folder in the 80's with a bunch of ruger 20 rd mags.that factory folder turned out to be worth more than the rifle it held.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Yup, Factory folding stocks alone are fetching $500-$600.
    If you can find a pre-ban, stainless steel, GB model, factory folder you have located the holy grail. plan on at least $1500.

Best I've been able to do is 3 out of 4. I have a pre-ban, stainless, GB model but it is not a factory folder. Even still, it's a $1000 rifle in a AWB state.

DSCF00402.jpg

I moved the sling mount to the side of the gas block like the factory folders

IMG_0220.jpg

Non folders had the swivel on the bottom of the gas block.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That tubular folder was plain cool.folded to the right butt folded down over a stud in the stock. Mine was blue. Surprising how few people have seen em outside of here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I know I'm going off thread but the ak metal triangle stock with red insert and pistol grip set me back too but the red fiberglass chicom stocks for SKS rifles still in the cosmoline were affordable. Full size stocks made to be painted to match local foliage in Viet Nam.I ruined a perfectly nice SKS by chopping down the barrel welding the front sight base on painting the stock black added a five round mag.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.