lateral support buttstock??

Thread: lateral support buttstock??

Byg
    Feedback Score

Default lateral support buttstock??

K-var, mentions in there description that the plum kit comes with a lateral support buttstock..Does anyone know what that means???I asked in there forum and never really got an answer..Looks like a reg stock to me does this pertain to the sling swivel,maybe?

Feedback Score

I can't really answer the question either but it was interesting to note that in your post over there they did admit the plum stocks weren't US or Bulgarian made.

My suspicion was confirmed! I did notice the other kits refer to a "lateral support" bayonet. (check the wood stocked 74 kits)

Feedback Score

I belive when they refer to "lateral support" parts, they are refering to Russian made parts.. Russia supliments Bulgarian factorys with Russian made parts hence the Lateral=another company + Support=suppling our outfit with stuff we need..

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Byg
    Feedback Score

Someone mentioned that they were russian with the ink proof marks...That would be nice...Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think the term "lateral support" refers to the notch that runs front-to-back. I'd need to check Tantal's Projects website that talks about buttstocks to find for certain.

But I'm almost positive that is referring to that "notch" vs. a full stock aka "no" notch.

I think it is termed "lateral" because its orientation is parallel to that of the buttstock vis "lateral".

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie
    I think the term "lateral support" refers to the notch that runs front-to-back. I'd need to check Tantal's Projects website that talks about buttstocks to find for certain.

But I'm almost positive that is referring to that "notch" vs. a full stock aka "no" notch.

I think it is termed "lateral" because its orientation is parallel to that of the buttstock vis "lateral".

That is usually refeered to a "Lightening Groove" or "Lightning Groove"

Some say it is for weight savings, and others this is what I also belive, say it is to distinguish between a AKM and a AK-74????

Feedback Score

I think Mike was right the first time.

Mine is here and it is what it is.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.