Thread: scopes

Feedback Score

Default scopes

lets beat a dead horse some more...
    do you use a scope...kobra....nothing?
    what do you like and why?

Feedback Score

Cool

Nothing yet. Both of mine are outfitted with Laminated furniture. I like the old school look and do not think that optics would look right on either one. However, I hope to get a modern looking AK sometime with black furniture and perhaps out a red dot site on it.

I have a Russian Tiger on the way and it will get a scope for sure. Just have to pay for the rifle first

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I realy prefer open sights.
    I do however have a scope on my romak111 and an 8mm I customized for long range.
    WOOD AND OPEN SIGHTS :smile:

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

One of the interesting byproducts of the NRA convention was the ability to handle a bunch of optics.

I can't see iron sites anymore so they're not an option. Max led me through a discussion of the dots that he has and together we played with a variety of different gadgets.

Whatever it is that H&K built-in to their Buck Rogers special, is the gadget to have. Barring that, I'm now the market for a Kobra.

The Williams Sight people have a snappy rear Sight for the AK in either peep or fiber optics.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I too am getting too old for iron sights and really like my Kobra. I bought mine a couple of years ago when they made the one for the weaver mount. When I finally get an AK rifle built I'll have to put a sideplate scope mount on it and buy another Kobra.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Cefus--I don't know but I think the price difference with and without was $1200. Outa my range but that thing was crystal clear with one or both eyes open.

Feedback Score

I sometimes use a PK-01 red-dot sight from www.freedomoptics.com .

Mostly, I keep AK's with optics side-rails in the safe for future needs against the day that my eyesight may not be able to pick up iron sights very well. My nearly 70-year old Dad constantly reminds me that his eyesight requires a scope at his age.

This is also one reason why I stick fast to the AK: I want my muscle memory to be so good from shooting the same rifle all the time that I can acquire the sights from memory and not have to have "perfect" vision.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ZOID ZODIAN
    I sometimes use a PK-01 red-dot sight from www.freedomoptics.com .
    Zoid-- I like the look of that scope-- how do you like it? Does it have different reticles? Do you have any of the cheap $25 red dots and how does it compare with those?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    Zoid-- I like the look of that scope-- how do you like it? Does it have different reticles? Do you have any of the cheap $25 red dots and how does it compare with those?

In 25 words or less, I rejected a LOT of red dot scopes to get the PK-01. It's debatable that the PK-01V with a manual brightness control is better or not, but I like my auto-bright PK-01 just fine. It more or less centers above the bore line because it comes with a mount and rings perfect for it. The most important thing to me, though, is the fact that it is just the right height for a good cheek weld against the stock.

It comes with rubber lense covers, a battery, carrying case--the whole nine yards--for under $200.00 bucks. The only think I didn't like was the fact that the instructions were in Russian, but they may have added English-language instructions by now.

The only other red dot sight I seriously considered is the one by Zeiss profiled in the latest American Rifleman, and it is around $400.00.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.