Bulgy law ????

Thread: Bulgy law ????

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Default Bulgy law ????

A friend is building a bulgy kit, it has a thumbhole stock, no bayo lug, and no threads on the barrel. It also has a semi auto FCG. I want to ask if he needs to worry about the U.S. parts count? Or is this like the romak and he dose not need the U.S. parts?? Any hadvse will be appreciated.

Feedback Score

I believe you dont need us parts as long as you keep the thumbhole stock, and the magwill is thin enough to only accept single stack mags. thats how the romainan wasr-10 single stack rifles are. only problem is the stock set which comes with the bulgy kit, (and barrel in its current threaded form) will not work on anything but a milled receiver. so your options would be:

1. buy a milled receiver, and a us made fcg (only 3 more parts would be needed assuming the receiver is us made)

2. buy 2 new trunions, a thumbhole stock designed for stamped receiver, turn down barrel threads on a lathe, and fabricate a receiver that can only take single stack mags. The reason I say fabricate is I dont think there is anywhere to buy a completed receiver in this form without buying the entire rifle. While this isnt a very practical option it is the only one requiring no us parts. The receiver would be us made if you made it, but technically you could travel to canada, build it, and assemble it

3. buy a complete akm receiver or make one yourself, get 2 new trunions, a stock, a us pistol grip and fcg. This way you could use double stack mags, have a pistol grip, basically have a very nice akm with the only problem being that you would have to turn down the threads on the barrel.

Probably the best option would be to get a milled receiver, but this is quite expensive. $389 if i remember correctly for the firing line one. the build however would be very simple. Slightly cheaper would be the stamped option.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Default One man's opinion:

I purchased a Bulgarian kit that was from a milled receiver that sounds very similar to the kit you are describing.

My view was that it was still covered as an imported semiautomatic version of an automatic weapon.

The thumb hole stock can be modified to fit into a stamped receiver but it is a royal pain.

The easiest way to go at it is to replace the furniture and for the price of a trigger group it does not seem to be worth the danger of being wrong.

And it made a nice little rifle.

The barrel will go into a standard trunnion. The cover is a smoothy which looks kind of neat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

yes it is a 23mm end on the barrel it looks like it will press rite into a polish trunion. and no their is no threads on the barrel.
    as for a singel stack mag ,,, well screw that
    as for changeing out the furniture, that is why he bought it so I do not think he will want to switch it over. besides the wood is perfect. I think I will let HIM do the custom fit
    I allready have rear tang for him.
    It realy sounds to me like he will use
    FCG = 3
    reciever = 1
    piston =1
    this will give him the five parts gust to bu shure,.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.