Russian Tiger Pic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian Tiger Pic

Feedback Score

Talking Russian Tiger Pic

WooHoo! :woo: Got the Tiger today. This if the first Drag clone that I have ever seen in person. I'm surpised by how light it feels. The way the action works is also interesting, much different than the piston of the AK.

Once I get it paid for, I hope to get some accessories
    Vented military handguards
    Several 10rd SVD mags
    Bipod
    Russian optics (still undecided on what exactly)

No range report until I get the optics. I do hope to go through a few rounds with the sites this weekend just to see that it cycles fine.

Feedback Score

Nice rifle! www.freedomoptics.com has plenty of optics for it, as do other sites.

I have only ever seen one of these in person, and that was back in 1993. I don't believe they're being imported anymore, unless something changed in the last few years.

Not to rain on your parade, but an article in the defunct magazine Modern Gun from back in the '90's strongly suggested that whoever buys this firearm also have some spare firing pins.

It's not that they necessarily are prone to breakage, but the firing pin is somewhat less robust than the AK firing pin. Supposedly the Russians maintain a policy of changing the firing pin every 2,000 rounds or so.

Other than that I've heard nothing but good about the rifle. Good purchase, and a rarity! Supposedly the person who bought the one I saw in 1993 paid between $1,500 and $1,800 for it.

Feedback Score

I was checking out both Freedom Optics, Tantal, and even my local FFL. I want Soviet for sure, but should I go with 4X, 6X, 8X, or 4-8X variable? I'm leaning toward the latter but not until I find out more about it.

I think the Tigers were only imported in 93 and 94. Rumor has it that Russia is in negotiations with the US trying to get a list of rifles unbanned. The Tiger could be on the list...may not.

I have not heard about the firing pin, but I will see if I can find out anymore about them. Now the NDM in 308 did have some recall, not sure if that is related or not. I have read that only 150grain and less bullets are to be used, so it is evidently more fragile than an AK...but isn't everything?

As for value, I got a sweet deal. I was not even ready to buy but when this came up for $900 I could not turn it down. Cheapest I have seen on sell in the past 6months was for $1300. It did not even have the military style buttstock. Currently two are up on sturmgewehr.com Both are over $1600!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

I believe the recall on NDM's had to do with installing a spring-loaded firing pin.

It is extremely dangerous to shoot Boxer-primed ammo in an SVD that has a free-floated firing pin. Don't do it! The rifle can slam fire. Your rifle will have a free-floated firing pin, so you'll have to stick to ComBloc ammo with harder Berdan primers.

As for optics, the magnification is up to you. I don't remember the "official" magnification for scopes issued with the SVD, but there are any number of sources for this info.

Sounds like you definitely got a deal! You might want to treat it like King Tut's treasures so it retains its value even if you decide to shoot it. I'm not suggesting you make it a closet queen, just that it's such a rarity it makes sense to only take it out under controlled conditions, etc.

A buddy of mine didn't do that with a pre-ban HK91, and years later he found out that his rifle could have been worth a lot more had he left it in near-mint condition.

(Gee, I just can't stop spitting out free unsolicited advice--I'll shut up now).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ZOID ZODIAN
    I believe the recall on NDM's had to do with installing a spring-loaded firing pin.
    Yes that's correct, the free-float pin on NDM-86's could slam-fire .308 ammo. Never heard of 7.62x54r slam fires.

ALL the info is up here:

http://www.dragunov.net

also, a really good source for the current-issue synthetic furniture is here:

http://www.rusmilitary.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I was waiting for the picture. Looks Great.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_m4
    I was waiting for the picture. Looks Great.
    Working a lot of OT and didn't get home until late last night. I hope to get an outdoor pic in the next few days. Additional pics will be posted with the addition of accessories :smile:

Thanks, BTW

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I couldn't help it. I had to resize the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Hard to make wallpapers out of low res pics Not that my pics is anywere close to that quality. I'm lucky enough to have a hi-speed connection, plenty of HD space, and run my monitor at somewhat hi resolutions. The bigger the pic the better.

But I do know where your coming from. It is a tad too wide. As Britney says "woops, I did it again"

Feedback Score

Congratulations on your new addition! Too bad they didn't flood the market like MAK90's, I'd love to have one myself. I recall the full page ad in one of the gun rags back then but still have never seen one in person.

Very nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.