Romak 11

Thread: Romak 11

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Thumbs up Romak 11

I saw a romak11 today and was able to realy look it over. I am not talking about a Romak111 but it's little brother Romak11. I saw them in shot gun news and was realy intrested in one to go with my Romak111. This little romak looked very nice inside and out. Even the reciever looked like the larger version, with the rounded cut out in the back. Stamped in the reciever is "made in Romania" , I like that a lot better than {vulcan}. the rear stock is laminated, their is a spring loaded but plate and the dark red cap over the hand grip, just like on the full size Romak. The front grip is blond wood but not laminated. 7.62x39 cal. their was only one thing I saw that I would have done to it to improve it and that would be to round over the back edge of the hammer, when cycleing by hand it would hold the bolt open because the allmost square angle. just like its big brother. I have not fired it but I still recomend it to anyone that may be on the fence.
    I realy liked this gun and now I think I have to have one. It is very NICE yes VERY NICE

Feedback Score

Whats a romak II?? I thought the romak III is the drag knock off?? Does the romak II have the same receiver??/

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

the Romak 11 is a shrunk down version of the Romak111. the reciever is similar size to a regular AK but looks like the big brother, even the back of the reciever is cut out rounded under. the reciever has "made in Romania" stamped in it too. it looks just like the romak 111,,,, way cool

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

I'll be damned, never seen one.. Got any pics or links?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I saw them for sale in ad someware, maby sg news. If I could rember I would have one on order now. I did however see one up close and personal at a local shop the other day. His price was I bit high but I will find the add again and have the set 111 and 11

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

is this the one centerfire calls the partrooper romak ?

Feedback Score

I think the Romak II's came in around 1997 along with the WUM and CUR thumb-hole stocked rifles. My CUR2 had a blonde lower handguard with a laminated upper. It's all matching laminate now.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

Before 1997 Romania was on the list of countries that firearms were banned from import to the USA. Download part 47.52 for the list of the countries and models of firearms allowable for import from Russia.
    http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/w...7cfr47_02.html
    From 1997 till April 1998 when semi auto rifles that use Large Capasity Military Magazines were banned from import several models of Romanian AK rifles were imported.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/assault/treasrelease.htm
    LInx's has all the models of Romanian rifles on his web page but they are not in order that they were imported.
    The first Romanian 7.62x39mm AK rifles imported were the WUM-1 with the half circle cut out on the rear of the receiver. It was followed by the WUM-1 without the cut out on the rear of the receiver and the Romak I.The WUM-1's were imported by Interordance of America LLC and the Romak I's by DIG.
    The first 5.45x39mm rifles imported to the USA were the Romanian C.U.R. 2 and were imported by ACC/INTRAC. After this model of 5.45x39mm rifle the WUM II,Romak II,and MK II were imported till import being cut off in April of 1998.
    All the Romanian rifles I have seen the models that had a 1 or I in the model name were chambered for the 7.62x39mm cartridge and the ones with 2 or II in the model name were chambered for 5.45x39mm.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

thanks JA545 and febisfebi
    both had great info. If I could rember ware I saw it I would buy it I think it was $250 . If I do find the add I will let you guys know

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.