DO NOT BUY YUGO parts from Centerfire Systems - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT BUY YUGO parts from Centerfire Systems

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have been carefully watching the entire CenterFire fiasco. What I see people complaining about most and over and over is that CenterFire will not pay for return shipping even when they are 100% at fault. To me thats totally unacceptable. They are making money every time they ship a box. It may not be a lot but its still ill-gotten gains. They deliberately send you the WRONG ITEM then make YOU PAY to return something you didnt ask for to begin with.

Look at that a little closer. I said DELIBERATELY because someone took your exact order then promptly put something else in a box and shipped it to you KNOWING full well that it is NOT what you ordered.

The logic behind this is simple. Ship what you have and then make it difficult/costly for the customer to return the items. Figure half of the people just cut their losses, keep it and go away. The other half pays to return it thereby forking out un-recoverable money and now feels that the only way to recover that money is to allow CFS to ship them something else on their dime.

Well whats happening is that they are keeping all your money and preventing a financial disaster for their company due to their ineptitude and dishonest business practices. Imagine if they had a straight up return policy like Tapco has?
    Thats right, 90% of all the shit they sent out would be coming back, Especially once other vendors showed up with the same products, and they would be forced to refund EVERYONES money.

Now..what some of you DONT realize is that you DO have recourse. Pay with your credit card then tell the Credit card company that CFS shipped you the WRONG item(s) and that you tried resolving it with CFS but that they want YOU to pay to send it back.

Can you say CHARGE BACK!!!

Thats right, the cc company will hammer CFS and force them to make good or else have the sale cancelled and your money refunded.
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

One definition of professionalism is consistency of the desired result.

Some vendors achieve this and some don't which means on some actions it works out fine even though you are dealing with a seller that is not top notch.

I try to place my business with professionals as I like the odds of a good result when I order. With such people, I consider a mistake to be a fluke and not SOP.

I am sure everyone has some different experiences with any vendor depending on what and how often they order.

Everyone had you pegged.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan762
    I have been carefully watching the entire CenterFire fiasco. What I see people complaining about most and over and over is that CenterFire will not pay for return shipping even when they are 100% at fault. To me thats totally unacceptable. They are making money every time they ship a box. It may not be a lot but its still ill-gotten gains. They deliberately send you the WRONG ITEM then make YOU PAY to return something you didnt ask for to begin with.

Look at that a little closer. I said DELIBERATELY because someone took your exact order then promptly put something else in a box and shipped it to you KNOWING full well that it is NOT what you ordered.

The logic behind this is simple. Ship what you have and then make it difficult/costly for the customer to return the items. Figure half of the people just cut their losses, keep it and go away. The other half pays to return it thereby forking out un-recoverable money and now feels that the only way to recover that money is to allow CFS to ship them something else on their dime.

Well whats happening is that they are keeping all your money and preventing a financial disaster for their company due to their ineptitude and dishonest business practices. Imagine if they had a straight up return policy like Tapco has?
    Thats right, 90% of all the shit they sent out would be coming back, Especially once other vendors showed up with the same products, and they would be forced to refund EVERYONES money.

Now..what some of you DONT realize is that you DO have recourse. Pay with your credit card then tell the Credit card company that CFS shipped you the WRONG item(s) and that you tried resolving it with CFS but that they want YOU to pay to send it back.

Can you say CHARGE BACK!!!

Thats right, the cc company will hammer CFS and force them to make good or else have the sale cancelled and your money refunded.
    I gave a little thought to what you?ve written and look at it this way ? if what you suspect is true that?s an excellent recipe for a short lived business. In other words they would have be out of there mind to do this intentionally.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I kind of agree with GusB. The only other explaination I could give for their actions is they're like CIA, the trained monkeys in the back don't know anything about firearms and can only read the part #s.

I also think Robdog needs to explain this post more clearly because it smells like bull to me too.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

any one notice that this is the first thread this poster has started? and has limited posts? Including an other post elsewhere that he has trashed CFS also. Why has he not been back on this thread. I am just naturally sceptical.
    Consider this, Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Ocala and Marion County Car Audio

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

i'd like to see a pic of 5000 in kits only worth 400

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You are absolutely correct.

But consider this. CFS was not a major player until these Yugo kits showed up. This was a big deal for them and they no doubt invested heavily in it.

Also, keep in mind that we have new people joining the hobby everyday. They are losing old customers through attrition and replacing them with newbies who dont know the history. This is why the gunboards are so important to them. The internet boards, SGN, and direct mail is what makes their phones ring.

This is also why its important for us to openly discuss our experiences both good and bad. It helps others make an informed decision.

I dont want to see CFS go out of business. I would, however, like to see things change for the better. Think about what would motivate CFS to make positive changes.

Quote Originally Posted by GusB
    I gave a little thought to what you?ve written and look at it this way ? if what you suspect is true that?s an excellent recipe for a short lived business. In other words they would have be out of there mind to do this intentionally.
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I have not trusted them after they screwed everyone who preordered Yugo kits. I decided right then not to ever buy from them.
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I have bought a few kits from them. My 1st two kits were Yugos. They were in decent shape, but not the "very good" condition they were listed as. But the numbers did match.
    I know nothing...........nothing !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie
    i'd like to see a pic of 5000 in kits only worth 400
    Sounds a bit strong.

But it seems this guy is an investor for resale or as a gunsmith planning on building for others. Maybe due to a condition issue he is taking a bath the average hobbyist would not be taking?

I might be willing to shine a turd to make it good for my own use but if I had to do that for all my customers, maybe I would lose my ass since they won't pay for that effort.

Just a guess from his post.

Everyone had you pegged.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.