Hosed on Auction Arms - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hosed on Auction Arms

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Surprised they did not run him down and tar and feather him.
    Now yah gotta figure out of that 100. There was at least one pissed off cage fighter. Not a fan. You know, the guy in the cage.
    I watched a show on E-Bay ripoffs.
    Way more wide spread than E-Bay kept avoiding when asked.
    I have no idea how too use all that stuff so I dont use them.
    Now if you purchase from a private individual and they croak. Well you cant really blame the guy for hitting the pearly gates.
    Laws should be passed to stop internet ripoffs.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i quit buying stuff off Flee-bay years ago when it was revealed that professional crooks were selling hot goods on there un-checked.

Feedback Score

Default Perpatraitors Address

Here is where I sent the check, certified.

Lehigh Acres, Fl 33971

his yahoo account: [email protected]

I can alsways send the evidence to the his local FBI office and to the Postmaster General's office to.

Gunbroker has buyer protection it is not that great, 100 deduct up to
    500 dollars.

The address listed is a foreclosed house.I figured that, Why the office delivers mail there , who knows? Must have had a charge card sent there, probably indentity theft as well.
    Last edited by stlswm; 11-28-2009 at 05:54 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Default Lahnam Act

Settled
    Last edited by stlswm; 11-28-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Feedback Score

You're taking a bit of risk anytime you buy on an auction or classified site. Gunbroker "feels" a little less risky than others but it, too, is risky. These sites just bring the buyers and sellers together; they assume little to no responsibility if a deal goes bad. That's why they tell you to review the sellers feedback before bidding. I got ripped off once; thankfully it was only a $25 item. Gunbroker offered no help. They didn't even lock the guy's account until he had ripped off about 5 people in a row.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stlswm View Post
    I filed a complaint with IC3 with the United States Postal Inspectors against the seller. When I try to get a refund from the United States Postal Money Order I sent the seller that may get the Postal Inpsectors up off their ass.
    I filed a BBB complaint with the Reno BBB against Auction Arms. Complaints to the FTC were made about Auction Arms so called safe gun site.Right now I have put 6 blogs on the net about my experience on Auction Arms. You know Gunco, Fal files, Warrifles, Rip off Report, Militaryfirerams and somether obscure site.I complained to the NRA about Auction arms as well. I wondered why the NRA would endorse a
    corporation whose corporate status is revoked with the Nevada
    Secretary of States office. I told the the NRA to stuff their membership. Then their is the media, I will write Glen Beck, Lou Dobbs, The Washington Post and that anti gun program 60 minutes and they
    can ask the NRA why would the NRA endorse a company that has a revoked corporate status. 4 e-mails were sent to Auction Arms , they have yet to respond. On E Bang they calim Auction Arms has immpecable customer service. What their 2 California cell phone numbers. I will complain to FTC about e-bang as well.
    Also a complaint the Neveda Attorney General's office will be forthcoming soon. If need be I will picket and flyer local gunshows until
    Auction Arms settles my case amicably.
    stlswm, do you know for sure that the NRA is "officially" endorsing them or not? Have you asked the NRA what their position is on the subject? If what you say is in fact happening, then Auction Arms needs to enforce their own policies (if they have one that addresses it). If not, and depending on what you bid on and won (ie, firearm, scope, accessory, etc.) will depend on how fast some of the L/E agencies react. You can bet that they will react a lot faster when you say GUN than when you say piccatinny. If it was a gun, and that weapon was used for illegal purposes, and you have been trying to get someone to do something about it. There will be heck to pay.
    Hopefully everything you are doing with governmental agencies is on "paper"? A wise man once told me, "if it ain't on paper, it didn't happen." I think that it applies in this instance. That is just a CYA on your part.

Feedback Score

Default Case Solved

Today the Post Office sent me a check for $175.00 dollars. Man did I get lucky. Lesson learned.

1) Beware of Florida. Others told me they had the same thing happen.

2) Check sellers phone numbers. ( His numbers were bogus).

3) Check Sellers address.( His was a forclosed house).

4) Ask for a reference.

5) Ask alot questions about the weapon. Like serial numbers ect..

6) Because I sent a Postal Money order I got a refund.

7) If you or not sure send the letter registered, have the seller sign for it. That will eliminate theese problem.

If you are scammed, don't expect anyone to do anything about it.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Great that you got your money back from the Postal Service. Not all of us here in Florida are crooks, just a few that make the rest look bad. Next time Cavet Emptor.......

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Buyer beware! Also, always check feedback and location, though even that is definitely not failsafe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.