My new CAI C93 - JUNK - - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new CAI C93 - JUNK -

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy t View Post
    robdog, Thanks for the wright up , and pictures of your C93.
    I have one coming from AMI. Same deal you received.
    Thanks to you, I will know what to look for. I sure hope they don't weld all
    the front sights that way. I'll submit a report when I receive mine, but I know it
    will be the same as yours. Another hour work, and they could have produced a fine weapon. What a crock of sh#t.
    Did jimmy t ever get his?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    Where have you been for the past 5 years?

This is the same monkey-work they perform on their Cetme and G3 builds, too.
    Guessed you missed the point. It was an attempt at sympathy. Hate the feeling when joy and excitement of the arrival of a new firearm quickly turns to disgust and loathing due to the poor quality of the product.

BTW - Yes, I am fully aware of the past history of CAI products but not everyone is so enlightened.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

He is real good at missing the point and then turning on the flamethrower.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

God, that thing was a mess

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

The C93 arrived about 2 weeks ago, so I have had time to check it out, and this is what I found. The rifle looks great, and the fit and finish is much better than expected. After a complete take down,and cleaning about 2 pounds of grime and metal, I must state that I have a very fine weapon. Replaced the Mag release spring,as it would not hold the Mag in place when under fire. The welding on the receiver was well done, as was the front sight. Trigger is 10 1/2 pounds. to rough for good groups, but was able to hit 2 1/2 at 100 yards,with the German 4 power scope. With a little work, this rifle will hit 1 inch MOA at 100 yards. At $599.00 plus shipping, this rifle is a good by for me.
    Maybe I was just lucky to get a good one.
    Just me worthless two cents worth of gab.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Now you need to go out and buy a lottery ticket

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

mine is ..well....outstanding. serial in the high 800's and painted not parked

Feedback Score

The C93 arrived about 2 weeks ago, so I have had time to check it out, and this is what I found. The rifle looks great, and the fit and finish is much better than expected. After a complete take down,and cleaning about 2 pounds of grime and metal, I must state that I have a very fine weapon. Replaced the Mag release spring,as it would not hold the Mag in place when under fire. The welding on the receiver was well done, as was the front sight. Trigger is 10 1/2 pounds. to rough for good groups, but was able to hit 2 1/2 at 100 yards,with the German 4 power scope. With a little work, this rifle will hit 1 inch MOA at 100 yards. At $599.00 plus shipping, this rifle is a good by for me.
    Just me worthless two cents worth of gab.
    Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    mine is ..well....outstanding. serial in the high 800's and painted not parked

well that's great.

Feedback Score

Default PTR-91

I had to sell a PTR_91 for a family member. So I checked the bolt gap, it was .014 thousanths, perfect. I had a Century Cetme, It had zero bolt gap, I had to get a new locking peice from Spain. New Plus 4 rollers from RTG and a a New bolt from Apex. That got me up to .009 thousanths. The muzzle break had to be replaced as well. One problem with theese rifle the barrels are not
    pressed and the trunnions are wore out. I had a an Century Fal , it had the wrong gunsights on it. It was a unibrow, I had to go all thru to to get it to function. Those weapons were sold. I ended up with an Armalite, M15 A2 Carbine, that is it. The lesson here is for a few dollars more. Also I heard
    the Century Maz are POS'S, along with their Garand's and I heard their
    AK bullpups are a real charm. Before I bought a Century AK I would covert a
    Izmash Saiaga. Century has brought in some nice C&R weapons, ammo
    and parts.

Feedback Score

Default PTR-91

I had to sell a PTR_91 for a family member. So I checked the bolt gap, it was .014 thousanths, perfect. I had a Century Cetme, It had zero bolt gap, I had to get a new locking peice from Spain. New Plus 4 rollers from RTG and a a New bolt from Apex. That got me up to .009 thousanths. The muzzle break had to be replaced as well. One problem with theese rifle the barrels are not
    pressed and the trunnions are wore out. I had a an Century Fal , it had the wrong gunsights on it. It was a unibrow, I had to go all thru to to get it to function. Those weapons were sold. I ended up with an Armalite, M15 A2 Carbine, that is it. The lesson here is for a few dollars more. Also I heard
    the Century Maz are POS'S, along with their Garand's and I heard their
    AK bullpups are a real charm. Before I bought a Century AK I would covert a
    Izmash Saiaga. Century has brought in some nice C&R weapons, ammo
    and parts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.