My new CAI C93 - JUNK - - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new CAI C93 - JUNK -

Feedback Score

They put out shit product because, no matter how many times you scream at the top of your lungs "DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CAI" people continue to purchase the crap they sell! They have been doing this for years and nobody learns and damn thing!! They're AK's are a crap shoot at best, the Centme is another fine example of the drunk monkeys that work there.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

But sometime you get a good one.

Its like the lottery. you ARE going to lose, but somewhere someone somehow will win...once...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was under the impression that the NIB century cetme was a new rifle, not a rbuild of a surplus.
    Am I wrong here???

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCOVILLE View Post
    I was under the impression that the NIB century cetme was a new rifle, not a rbuild of a surplus.
    Am I wrong here???
    Yep, quite wrong.
    Century's Orcs have been cobbling up kits for decades.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score

Exclamation C93

I will chime in here and give a little bit of information that other forums have been stating.

Trunnion out of alignment seams to be about 1/5 of the complaint's

Rails showing small bulges at trunnion end - Due to Bolt lock-up i.e. rollers locking out and bulging the rails. You schould see how they correct this issue. Yup they just smack it back down to somewhat flush. I have only seen this compliant about 2 times.

Out of spec receiver and miss aligned sights 1/2 of complaint's

Receiver has incorrect shelf height and/or horizontal aliment for trigger pack. This causes all kinds of issues. 1/4 of complaint's.

Biggest and almost always accompanying is incorrect head spacing.

Feedback Score

Default Mine was fine

I bought one and it was ok. I would have bead blasted more on the back inside part of the receiver before parking. If I could find a cheap buttstock I would replace it. It was caked with too much cosmoline on some of the parts though. I did think it wasn't headspaced correctly but it was the orange chamber rod causing the problem...

Feedback Score

Send that POS back now.

Sorry to hear of your bad deal.

Feedback Score

You are NOT alone in your opinions, OR the stuff with the C-93. Mine was exactly like yours except for the canted sight and the galling. NO weld at end of slots at rear of trunnion. That mixture of blasting media and grease/cosmoline really is DIFFERENT after they park it, isn't it? It took me a few moments to actually realize what they'd done.
    I KNEW that some C-93's had problems, but took a chance and lost, sort of.
    I sent it off to a great HK gunsmith I met on HKPro.com (Ghilliebear2000) and he welded up the slot/trunnion gap and repaired some of it's other faults.
    Mine would ONLY cycle manually when I tried shooting it. It appears after the HK friend examined it, that the plastic lower is too short/low, and the ejector wasn't coming high enough up to cycle properly. He did a clip and pin job on a lower housing I sent him, replaced the ejector spring, now it cycles OK.
    They (Century's contract builders) pressed the barrel in too far and then drilled/reamed the pin hole to fit with a result that the hole for the barrel pin in the barrel is oval, not round. This caused bolt gap to get REAL low, but he got it back to a consistent .008" and wants me to try it and see if it holds. He put a couple hundred rounds through it BEFORE sending it back, so hopefully I can get a couple thousand through before gap gets to low.
    Because of this pin hole problem due to the assembly process, I will eventually need a barrel and trunnion.
    All told, the parts in the gun were in real good shape (except for the trigger pack, which I will assume Century or a contractor made). I would really have been better off getting a parts set, barrel and receiver and doing it myself. I would definitely have been better paying Ghillie to build it for me.
    I bought two PTR 91s back in '08 during the great ammo/barrel troubles they (PTR 91) were having and both are GREAT. They have shot everything I have tried to put through them (all US made, top quality ammo, or Lake City surplus), plus some Russian new manufacture steel cased stuff, so I guess I got lucky there. I did not care if they wouldn't shoot old foreign surplus when I got them, anyway since I had some American Eagle .308, which PTR 91 Recommends.
    If PTR 91 does a Klone of the HK 93, I'll be in line to get one. Not because my C-93 isn't mostly correct now, but because PTR 91 knows how to build QUALITY !!
    I wrote Century a nice, polite, long letter detailing all the individual and future problems in my gun. I told them I wouldn't send it back for "WARRANTY" since they couldn't build it right originally.
    Note: my gun had a sticker/label on it stating: "Warranty good for ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF MANUFACTURE", not Date of SALE, but Date of MANUFACTURE. This was a "NEW", in the box gun from a respected dealer.
    All they need to do is keep them in their warehouse for 10-11 months and then advertise the LOW number of WARRANTY RETURNS and what a great product they sell !!
    Would you believe that nobody from their Customer Service Dept. has even bothered to send me any type of reply?? I am really surprised !! I asked for nothing from them, just tried telling them some OBVIOUS problems with their products, very polite and trying to be helpful.
    Looking at the number of posts on all the gun/weapon and other sites online (DOZENS of sites, at least) and probably hundreds (conservative numbers) of problems just like, or worse than our's.
    I will NEVER buy so much as a bolt, screw or washer from those guys.
    I am not really unhappy with what I have tied up in the gun, including Ghillie's repair work, but would caution "Let the BUYER BEWARE" when dealing with these FINE folks at Century.
    BLASTER53

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Well you made my decision for me..I will not buy from them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

same problems with mine too , Gilliebear was going to correct mine but i ended up sending it back to atlantic for a replacment rifle hopefully the next one i get will be in better shape if not , going to get my money back and buy a kit and have one built by a pro.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.