Global Trades 1.0 and Joeken's Eubanks Comparison - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Trades 1.0 and Joeken's Eubanks Comparison

Feedback Score

OK, I'm confused.
    What's wrong with the Global mag well dimples? They look a lot closer to the real deal to my eye than the Eubanks does.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

OK, a couple of questions. What is the purpose of the dimpled rail? And is it better??
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    OK, a couple of questions. What is the purpose of the dimpled rail? And is it better??
    There was never a bolt carrier designed specifically for the 1.0 mm receiver shell - all are designed to milled receiver carrier rail thickness. The step in the carrier rail on the stamped receiver mimicks the thickness of the milled receiver bolt carrier rail. It provides the appropriate fit between stamped receiver carrier rail and the bolt carrier.

Did I do that?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cammobunker
    OK, I'm confused.
    What's wrong with the Global mag well dimples? They look a lot closer to the real deal to my eye than the Eubanks does.
    Although stamped receiver dimples vary quite a bit, as compared to the Russian AKM if anything the Eubanks is closer in style although not a match
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Global Trades 1.0 and Joeken's Eubanks Comparison-dimple.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the comparison DRR..

Did Joeken tell you about the missing front trunnion lip prior to ordering?? per his post on ARF.. the first batch of 1600 had the front lip milled off... kinda shady if you ask me... I am just curious how difficult it would be to complete a kit on it without that lip.. I don't think too complicated.. but for a noob.. it might be a deal breaker...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ok.. to set some things straight. My Review is based on MY OPINION.
    Some people may like the EUBANKS receiver as is. Some may not. And some may NEVER like it based on the fact that JOEKEN made it.

I made my suggestions based on what WE (Z_recto and I) believed would make the Eubanks a PERFECT receiver. Which is one that we would buy and build on.
    I took plenty of pictures to show what they looked like together so YOU could form your own opinions.

I received the EUBANKS receiver as a sample. I have not paid for it yet.
    Joe told me ahead of time about the stepped rails, and the front lip.
    Member of the
    There may be help for some of us, but for me I am lost...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Drugrunr,
    That was a fantastic review. I'm not sure if I would have done such a nice job. The receiver looks better than I expected, much better. I agree with you on every point but one. Is the front upper rail lip milled of all together or just reduced back. To me it looks like what I usally end up with after I fit it to the trunnion anyhow. Which is a plus to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I wasn't trying to bust your butt DRR... I appreciate the review... I was just curious if he had mentioned the missing lip upon ordering it.. I didn't notice it until it was brought to my attention.. in that thread.. JoeKen was offering up info and suggestions.. He would never touch or explain the missing lip.. I was just curious how up front he was about it not being there...

I have never delt with JoeKen.. I have ZERO preconceived notions... I have also never delt with Global... nice to see a review of their product too..

thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DrugRunR
    Ok.. to set some things straight. My Review is based on MY OPINION.
    And that is an Opinion that I value. Every question that you've ever answered for me has been right on the money. You have a great deal of knowledge on the subject.

BTW: Thanks for the answer Illya
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Excellent job on the review.
    Although until he gets the stepped rail and the extra meat on the front there is no choice.
    I have built on the new Armory and it's the best on the market today. I only had to run the file on the front edges a couple times to get the exact fit for the trunion to fit perfect.
    The only drawback I see with the Armory is the CNC work they do on the holes. My second receiver had the hammer axis hole out of round and I had to send it back, they were supposed to send it to me last Friday. My point is; they need better QC and to de-burr the holes. The dimple is, of course a costemic issue.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.