"hot-shot" ammo???

Thread: "hot-shot" ammo???

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak "hot-shot" ammo???

just ordered some of that cheap 5.56 from PSA , brass cases supposed to be m855 with ball powder--

i have bought it before , last couple times it was re-boxed PPU or PMC-Xtac--

now i hear their re-boxing ammo from romaina? and this version of m855 has a steel jacket like russian ammo??

some of the ar-15 types are saying this likes to blow primers--??

i guess i'll see when the UPS truck arrives--

damn ammo shortage has got everything furbared--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've used some of the 6.5x55 ammo from Hot Shot, mostly just to obtain more cases for reloading for hunting ammo. I've found it to be very inconsistent at best myself,,so much so I gave up on even trying to use it to sight anything in. I went through 4 box's and never did get it to hit in the same place twice in a row!!! It drove me crazy,,and it's not the gun,,my reloads I used the next time out I was able it get it close within 4 rounds,and touching the same hole after 10 rounds, so it's defiantly not the gun ,scope or a loose mount.

In the 6.5 I can't say much good about it, other calibers , I couldn't tell you much sense I haven't used any Hot Shot in any other calibers. Keep us posted on the 223/556,,inquiring minds need to know!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

thats the problem with "hot-shot" -- hot-shot don't make anything they just buy whatever and stick it in a box marked "hot shot" -- sort of like a carnival grab bag-- you never know what your going to get.

the last few times i got "hot-shot" 5.56 it was good ammo, just PPU or PMC in a hot shot box. -- this romainain 5.56 stuff is a big "unknown"--
    i knew i should have stuck with PMC--LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I've used some of the 6.5x55 ammo from Hot Shot, mostly just to obtain more cases for reloading for hunting ammo. I've found it to be very inconsistent at best myself,,so much so I gave up on even trying to use it to sight anything in. I went through 4 box's and never did get it to hit in the same place twice in a row!!! It drove me crazy,,and it's not the gun,,my reloads I used the next time out I was able it get it close within 4 rounds,and touching the same hole after 10 rounds, so it's defiantly not the gun ,scope or a loose mount.

In the 6.5 I can't say much good about it, other calibers , I couldn't tell you much sense I haven't used any Hot Shot in any other calibers. Keep us posted on the 223/556,,inquiring minds need to know!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

first little batch came in today.

this batch is from rommania it is marked "5.56", (13), "SADU" it is a brass cased round , broke down one round for a look and yea ball powder and it looks to be the right amount -- the bullet and primer are sealed with some kind of red die , the brass is colored on the shoulder , the only real "fly in the ointment" is the bullets -- there not REAL m855s or ss109s . they have a copper plated steel jacket and a steel core.

now just because there steel jacketed don't mean the won't be accurate enough as i have seen a few batches of silver bear and wolf do pretty good like 2"

good m855 can do a 1" while bad batches do like 4"--LOL i don't know what this will do i'm hoping it will do about what silver bear does --can't be no worse than tula--lol

Search tags for this page

hot shot 9mm ammo review

hot shot ammo review

reviews of hot shot 9mm ammo

sadu 9mm

sadu 9mm ammo

sadu 9mm ammo review

sadu ammo reviews

sadu hotshot

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.