Defective IO Inc AK 74 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Defective IO Inc AK 74

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

I've seen the G2s hammer follow the bolt but never a double because of the built in features that 1biggin mentioned.

It could be the way you are holding the rifle, AKs like to be man handled. Hold it tight. Squeeze the trigger and exercise 'trigger control' and 'follow thru'.

That said, if you haven't already removed the fcg DO IT RIGHT NOW.

David Olofson comes to mind here. It only takes 1 wrong person to read your post and that thing could be seized and sent to a ''testing facility''.

If it fails the tests, you are in deep shit. It does not matter if it was defective when you got it, it only matters that you have it.

Warwicken, damn. Were you able to resolve the problem with them?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Warwicken, damn. Were you able to resolve the problem with them?
    As I recall that barrel was made by Prexis an it was incorrectly short chambered an had other issues as many of his were an he eventually got a second barrel . Ill let him tell the story on how long it took to get the first an the second replacement barrel an what he had to do to make it all work as I don't want to give out incorrect details on this particular barrel. I just know it was a screwed up mess form what I read on other sites.

Point is if the OP had a round not chamber after it was laoded an it did not go bang then it did not go bang if he could make the hammer drop as the carrier would not go forward as that requires the bolt to rotate an that is needed to make the firing pin exposed to the hammer .

Im seeing a guy just trying to get even with IO at this point as he dosent seem to be replying to any one here .
    Il stay out of what I think of IO for now . plenty of that shit on AK files .

Unless the tail on the carrer is broken or there is some other very obvious defect that could be seen in the two times it was supposedly sent in then some thing is not adding up .

Even if held limp wristed the gun should not double . It should not double no matte how you shoot it , If the carrier travels back far enough to cocking the hammer it should not double . Limp wristing it might affect it cycling but I have never been able to to make one do that . I shoot these rifles free recoil a lot . that means no very little if no shoulder force on the stock no second hand on the fore end off a bag an I have never had a issue with short stroking .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

David Olofson comes to mind here.
    Was he the guy in Milwaukee who had a AR that would double under certain conditons who spoke of it on the internet until they made a example of him an stuck him in jail ?

Wise advice above . Talking about shooting a gun for numerous shots after it does more than one shot per trigger pulls is a bad idea. They don't care why its doing it or who built it they care who possesses it more .

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Default Defective IO Inc AK 74

Photos where taken when I started to take it apart . Hollow pin I uses to press barrel pins out . (Forgot this was my old setup of pushing pins out. I used to drill them to help push them out , new setup my pin pusher threads on a adapter on my press.)
    This build is a few years old and I've built a bunch of different stuff so some details get mixed up.

Basicaly , I bought it from the prexis site with out ever hearing about weapons guild .
    Was told 5-7 weeks . After being lied to for a year I threaten legal action . I learned to make barrels by that time and found another vendor that has psl barrels .

Got a barrel sent to me that week . All journals where over sized besides the trunnion . The rest of the barrel was turned with to high of a feed rate so it looked threaded lol . Barrel was not setup for bayonet or threaded muzzle device like I order since that's how my kit was .
    I fixed all these problems . I took photos of how I got .

After 100 rds or so it blew up.
    I posted on weapons guild so others would keep a eye out on that area. That turned into a shit show . I pointed out how the extractor area had more metal removed then a 10" barrel stub I just got from Apex had removed . (I'm turning that in To a psl/krink).

Prexis/jetism offered to send me a new barrel if I sent him that one . New barrel extractor area was machined different .
    A lot of tooling marks , and bayonet journal wasn't machined in the right area . I cleaned that up and been shooting since .

I found wg about 6 months after placing my order . I stopped posting for the most part after my warning thread got locked and turned to a shit show. Had a few people say I didn't head space it right and all this out boot licking shit .
    A few of the vendors contacted me and I still talk to them from time to time. .
    Last edited by Warwickben; 07-17-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I stopped posting for the most part after my warning thread got locked and turned to a shit show. Had a few people say I didn't head space it right and all this out boot licking shit .
    Well In a way they were right it was not head spaced correctly but that's because it was impossible to correctly head space the POS when the rim cant touch the barrel an has unsupported case sticking out . In hind site Im sure you would have checked case protrusion but when you buy from a so called professional you would not expect junk like that .
    Prexis screwed up a bunch of these it seems from what guys have reported with them being short chambered an about every other problem you can think of .
    Be happy you got some thing at all . Guys have been waiting over 5 years for stuff they paid for . I see some guy claiming he owes over $50,000 in undelivered product over a 5year or longer period on a Forgotten weapons review of Prexis CETME L flats .

yeap you speak out like that they will remove your threads , ban you or play other games .

FYI Dutigaf here is SDK1968 a moderator over there an is invested in Prexis . Several member's here are mods over there an are also invested as well .

As far as the OP's issues being caused by a incorrect chamber any thing is possible but I doubt its got any thing to do with the type of issues the Prexis barrels have as far as being short chambered or failing due to improper extractor relief cuts like yours. His barrel as you know has completely different breach face .
    The pictures you show are a good example of what the gun would/ could have looked like had the OP had a out of battery discharge as he is calming . Thanks for posting .

You should do a thread on your PSL build here . I know you have it on another site . Id love to see it here .

Feedback Score

Default Defective IO Inc AK 74

Last edited by Warwickben; 07-17-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Feedback Score

Also didn't mean to much up thread . Just wanted to post photos of what can happen when. A round blows out the side when it goes off out of battery , or in my case when goes off when not supported . Same out come .

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    yeap you speak out like that they will remove your threads , ban you or play other games .

FYI Dutigaf here is SDK1968 a moderator over there an is invested in Prexis . Several member's here are mods over there an are also invested as well .

me being here/there & being on the staff or even owning stock in Prexis.. has nothing to do with his barrel problem.

he had a barrel problem that was very well documented. & he got a replacement barrel that he says in this very thread is JUST FINE and still in service.

common sense will tell you:

only an idiot would think that someone is going to come on a site that they use for free for all types of exposure to sell their stuff & badmouth the guy paying for the site & not get canned.

as a matter of fact on that private site (WeaponsGuild)... which is privately owned & non profit... ANYONE can & will be blocked at anytime we see fit to do so.

& thats the EXACT same policy they follow over on WBZ. you seem to like it there & dont have a problem with it..

now do you wanna get back to the topic of this thread (of which i totally agreed with you on) or do you want to try & turn this into your usual shit show?
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

as a matter of fact on that private site (WeaponsGuild)... which is privately owned & non profit... ANYONE can & will be blocked at anytime we see fit to do so

Yeap an that's about what I said ! An yes I also made Warwicben aware of who is who here so he knows who is listening an that there can be repercussion's on other sites .

yeap you speak out like that they will remove your threads , ban you or play other games
    Seems we said pretty much the same thing its your ball an bat an you can take it home if you wish. No argument .
    You have my privileges blocked there as we speak its your call . You lied about how it was done but that your call also .

Wasn't really going to go there but since you brought it up .

You can call It non profit all you want an it may be legally set up that way but its a site the owner uses to show an advertise his products for profit an a place you seem committed to defend despite the facts . Yes you they can do what ever they want an have been doing so for a long time . If those actions raise some eyebrows then that's on the you an them . Only a fool would say the site has not generated a large amount of money for the owner because of the content members provide there .

As far as my an others participation there I/we did/do more for the site than it ever did for me or others . Its not your pictures an threads an content that attract people to the site were the owner can sell his stuff . Its a two way street sites They provide a place for people to meet an those people provide content that site can use for there reasons, there its to advertises Prexis products Here its now to sell advertisements . How that site owners a moderators conduct them selves will determine there reputation an who comes an stays . So yep you can delete any thread you want there but with any action like that it has consciences.
    If guys have a problem with the site or the company behind the site an there actions its going to get discussed some were eventually. Your not going to contain it every were .

The moto there is "builders helping builders" . If you wish to discuss how your helping builders by canning an banning any threads that address people getting poor quality products , or no products after years of waiting an spending thousands of dollars or the issues with Prexis PSL barrels barrel have an then Ill be happy to have that conversation In a dedicated thread on that subject on any site you choose . Frankley it should be addressed were people are not afraid of being banned or thread getting locked or disappeared you know in the spirit of helping builders .

Also

thats the EXACT same policy they follow over on WBZ. you seem to like it there & dont have a problem with it..
    Its what the owners an mods chose to do that matters .

The day I have to tip toe around a site owners or moderators problems like on WBZ or any were else like I did an so many have been doing for so long like on WG is the day Ill quite posting there.
    If you think I don't tell the owner of WBZ on a weekly basis he's wrong or out of line worth out fear of being banned or I would ban some one for the same thing then your sadly mistaken . If you don't think guys don't give you special treatment because of your status on WG or don't tell your how they really feel out of fear of then you dead wrong. It affects the content there an else were .
    Your right I do like it there I can say some thing is BS or wrong or crooked there an not worry about being banned Its why a lot of guys left WG for there an else were. when ideas cant be freely discussed because fear the owner of a site will look bad then things don't progress much an guys who may have the answer wont be there to help . There is Major difference between the WG an WBZ. The owner of WBZ is not selling any thing or using ot for advertising his company an he dosent owe meambers products or money that he wont aloow to be discussed . So if you really want to compare things again Ill be happy to discuss it in a dedicated thread any were you wish were it cant be called off topic .

Now it seems you an I both agree this thread is not the place for this . Were you take it is on you at this point .

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

Yeap an that's about what I said ! An yes I also made Warwicben aware of who is who here so he knows who is listening an that there can be repercussion's on other sites .

Seems we said pretty much the same thing its your ball an bat an you can take it home if you wish. No argument .
    You have my privileges blocked there as we speak its your call . You lied about how it was done but that your call also .

Wasn't really going to go there but since you brought it up .

You can call It non profit all you want an it may be legally set up that way but its a site the owner uses to show an advertise his products for profit an a place you seem committed to defend despite the facts . Yes you they can do what ever they want an have been doing so for a long time . If those actions raise some eyebrows then that's on the you an them . Only a fool would say the site has not generated a large amount of money for the owner because of the content members provide there .

As far as my an others participation there I/we did/do more for the site than it ever did for me or others . Its not your pictures an threads an content that attract people to the site were the owner can sell his stuff . Its a two way street sites They provide a place for people to meet an those people provide content that site can use for there reasons, there its to advertises Prexis products Here its now to sell advertisements . How that site owners a moderators conduct them selves will determine there reputation an who comes an stays . So yep you can delete any thread you want there but with any action like that it has consciences.
    If guys have a problem with the site or the company behind the site an there actions its going to get discussed some were eventually. Your not going to contain it every were .

The moto there is "builders helping builders" . If you wish to discuss how your helping builders by canning an banning any threads that address people getting poor quality products , or no products after years of waiting an spending thousands of dollars or the issues with Prexis PSL barrels barrel have an then Ill be happy to have that conversation In a dedicated thread on that subject on any site you choose . Frankley it should be addressed were people are not afraid of being banned or thread getting locked or disappeared you know in the spirit of helping builders .

Also

Its what the owners an mods chose to do that matters .

The day I have to tip toe around a site owners or moderators problems like on WBZ or any were else like I did an so many have been doing for so long like on WG is the day Ill quite posting there.
    If you think I don't tell the owner of WBZ on a weekly basis he's wrong or out of line worth out fear of being banned or I would ban some one for the same thing then your sadly mistaken . If you don't think guys don't give you special treatment because of your status on WG or don't tell your how they really feel out of fear of then you dead wrong. It affects the content there an else were .
    Your right I do like it there I can say some thing is BS or wrong or crooked there an not worry about being banned Its why a lot of guys left WG for there an else were. when ideas cant be freely discussed because fear the owner of a site will look bad then things don't progress much an guys who may have the answer wont be there to help . There is Major difference between the WG an WBZ. The owner of WBZ is not selling any thing or using ot for advertising his company an he dosent owe meambers products or money that he wont aloow to be discussed . So if you really want to compare things again Ill be happy to discuss it in a dedicated thread any were you wish were it cant be called off topic .

Now it seems you an I both agree this thread is not the place for this . Were you take it is on you at this point .

so after another 10,000 words of nonsense & self justifying bullshit from you... none of which had anything to do with this thread topic...

YOU took this thread there. as usual.

YOU took your shots at me. as usual.

YOU brought my name into this. as usual. again, my name.... in your mouth....

YOU & your usual whining about WG & how its ran... if you hadnt run your mouth on the owner & his work? you wouldnt have got blocked.

YOU made the posts/statements.

YOU also think i give a shit who "likes" or "hates" me. those days have been gone for a very long time.

i never brought any of this into this thread at all. YOU DID.

do whatever you want, the only thing it means in the real world is that YOU ruined another thread with your bullshit & will wind up getting it closed down.

have at it. enjoy.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.