Defective IO Inc AK 74
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Defective IO Inc AK 74

Feedback Score

Default Defective IO Inc AK 74

Last year I bought a Bulgarian AK-74 from IO Inc. At the range, it doubled 3 times in 60 rounds. Got an RMA and sent it to the factory for repair. Took it back to the range and it did the same thing again. Got another RMA and sent it back again. Got it back, went to the range - doubled again. This time I set up a camcorder and recorded the firing session. The first round fired before the bolt locked. My range gunsmith inspected the rifle and reported that it not only doubled but the chamber was rough, which caused rounds not to fully seat. After 45 rounds, the gun doubled again. I was told the rifle was dangerous and not allowed there. I sent the video with a letter to IO requesting a refund, as this is clearly defective and unrepairable. IO's service manager wrote back saying that all AK's double if the trigger is squeezed slowly. He also claimed the video was unviewable, so I sent a disk in .the common .mov format.
    No manufacturer should be so contemptuous of their customers. I strongly suspect the Brevard County courts have better technology, though it shouldn't have come to that..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The first round fired before the bolt locked. My range gunsmith inspected the rifle and reported that it not only doubled but the chamber was rough, which caused rounds not to fully seat. After 45 rounds, the gun doubled again. I was told the rifle was dangerous and not allowed there.
    So your calming the round went off when you loaded it?
    Your calming that you had a out of battery discharge? We're is the brass ?
    Your then calming you were stupid enough to try to fire it a again an did so for another 45 rounds an were able to chamber those rounds in a chamber that cant.

Posthe the video here . show pics of the brass the gun an the chamber an post the letter they sent.

If you in fact had a out of battery discharge you would have had issues from missing dust cover to a destroyed gun . I seriously doubt you did!
    It's extreme hard for this to happen as the tail of the carrier blocks the hammer until the bolt is in battery.

You can have a slam fire that is cased by a sticky firing pin or improper primers.
    Or you can get a bump fire from the recoIL causing you to pull the trigger a second time. This is how bump firing is done. This happens with a light or improper trigger also some times if trying to squeeze of a single shot an not pulling the trigger clear back. This us not a double technicaly.

You can have bad disconnect or trigger.

The chamber being to rough sounds like BS.
    If it was the gun would not fire if it can't close. An you have stated a round will chamber.

I'm not taking sides but coming here to slam a maker on your first post with no pics no letters no video you claim to have describing something that's almost impossible is suspect.

Keep in mind a round going off Un chambed would general destroy the gun!

Post some pics.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

and as a guy who has had OOB's before...

even im gonna have to agree with Bob on this one.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wasn't going to say a word. But,anyone else try shooting it? Point A. You don't lightly squeeze an AK's trigger. Ya pull it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My norinco 223 will double if I slowly squeeze the trigger. I have inspected it many times after this happened and everything wasgtg. I suspect I was the culprit by not shouldering it tightly and it was bump firing like Bob said. It is an under folder and it's a bit worn lose so that doesn't help. It happened only when it was cold out and my trigger finger was stiff. If that makes any sense.
    nutznboltz likes this.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Youse guys,all of youse guys. I've seen several over the decades that doubled. Pull the trigger,have a bud pull the trigger. Gun doesn't work? Send it back.

Feedback Score

Almost a oob. The prexis barrel on my psl the extractor grove was not machined correctly and blew out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

is that a HOLLOW barrel pin? & no FSB pin?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32bf5d7bd034ae8059b9c858c00c857e.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	41234
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

99% of what guys claI'm are doubles when trying to squeeze off a shot are not doubles but are bump firing.
    They still have the trigger barely pulled an the gun bounces off there shoulder an they inadvertently pull the trigger a second time.

There could be a few things going on here but it's hard to diagnose with no pictures or real info.

The AK should not double regardless of how your pull the trigger. If it does its not set up right.

Having some pretty travel is almost manditory especially with a light trigger pull.
    The trigger has to move back some for the disco

A bad disconnector fit or bad spring can allow the hammer to ride the bolt home an cause a true double.
    That situation is not only dangerous it also makes the gun a illegal full auto even if it's only only doing it once.

I'm not buying the round was not chambered.
    A out of battery discharge results in the case blowing apart the dust cover an general the gun getting screwed up.

As far as taking this to court good luck it will likely cost you 20,000 grand an you might get your money back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The disconnector fit was the issue on three out five AK's I remember. Spring on the other two. Does I.O. still use G2 trigger parts?
    "I wish I had invented a lawn mower"
    Mikhail Kalashnikov in later years

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.