Yugo milled undefolder project finished, some pics.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeepfan
  • 1 Post By XSapper
  • 2 Post By gotmine
  • 1 Post By Tommo

Thread: Yugo milled undefolder project finished, some pics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Yugo milled undefolder project finished, some pics.

Hello all. After taking some time off from building I decided to get back into it and finish up some projects before getting into some more builds. I thought I'd share one that I'm pretty happy with.

First on my list was my Yugo milled under folder. It's been built for a few months now and I have been shooting it for a while, just had to add some finishing touches. For those that are interested a quick parts breakdown.

-A very nice condition Yugo parts kit (I'll have to update this with info on where I got it as it escapes me now)
    -A US barrel. I have used some surplus pulled barrels in the past but as the kit was near new I wanted to try a new tube on it and compare.
    -One of Tort-Torts milled Yugo under folder receivers. His products are top notch. I have build a few other kits on his milled blanks and have been very happy with how they turned out.
    -A set of Weaponmark's Yugo etching stencils. This was the finishing touch I needed to complete this build. Another outstanding vendor with a great product and hopefully my quick pics show how nice these selector marks come out.
    -AK builder rivet set
    -Misc. parts, trigger hammer etc.

On to the pics,

I've posted this pic in the AK BIY forum here, specifically in the Tort-Tort 80% receiver thread. This was after I completed it but before I added the electro stencils. Nice but something just seemed missing.

Here it is all done and with the stencils highlighted and the selector notches cut.

A close up of the selector markings along with the original markings on the rear sight block,

I didn't plan on filling in the markings at first but I noticed the grenade sight range markings were filled in so while touching those up I did the others. All said it was a fun build, she shoots great and it feels good to get back into building and completing some projects.

*JeepFan is not affiliated in any way with any of the above mentioned vendors but is definitely a happy customer.
    Last edited by Jeepfan; 12-27-2017 at 02:35 AM. Reason: correction
    XSapper likes this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Looks nice!
    Jeepfan likes this.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score

An excellent looking rifle. Good job

I've got a 64 UF that I put together using a heavy stamped blank welded between the stubs. It looks pretty good but nowhere as nice as a new receiver. They were hard to come by and expensive back then....And again good job.
    nutznboltz and Jeepfan like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the compliments.

Building your own is definitely an addiction.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 Geat build, neat looking rifle!
    Jeepfan likes this.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.