Udrive how to

Thread: Udrive how to

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default Udrive how to

These are the basic tools that are needed to build (hammer, grinders), a drill press makes things a little bit easier 'but is not necessary a hand drill will do.

this is the set I will be using . These are #8 u drives. stanless stell or zinc plated both are fine
    the stanless steel has a 80,000 psi rating and the zink steel has a 75,000 psi rating
    drill bit I'm using is #27, this drill bit can be had at any hardwware store for about $2or$3 if using a #10 udrive kit you dont need a drill bit
    the holes .the holes that are there should be just fine . some peoplle use loctite be is not needed if you perfer us it cant wont hurt

first we start by grinding down the old rivets ad removing the receiver stubs

next grind the old rivets flush with trunion, this counts for the front trunnion as well. the rivet next to the magwell will be riveted

next insert the rear trunion

now drill the holes a little more than 3/8 inch deep

now place the 3/8 odrive in the holes you just drill into the old rivets. If no rivets are present the kit you need will be #10 Udrives

next start hammering in the udrives til they are nice and even with the receiver

insert the front trunnion into the receiver

I use the original receiver stub as a template for the front trunnion

receive all marked and ready for drilling

drill the marks using # 27 drill bit, same goes for the rear trunnion. If there is no rivet there is no need to drill the, # 10 should be just the right sire for the drive

now that are hole are drilled time to put the udrive in place to be hammered ,when your happy with position of the udrives hammer them in

be careful when hammering not to hit the receiver when hammering the udrives

all done now ready for paint

rear trunnion

the trunnion area next the magwell area was riveted

this intire process from start to finish took about 3 hours I if this is your first time using udrives take your time

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This thread got so much attention on Arf that it got locked (on account of rudeness) and then a link was put in the reference file. But it is being ignored here. BTT for a second chance. I am already set up to rivet, but I think this is a good option for some of the guys with fewer tools.
    No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. ~Dave Barry, Dave Barry Turns 50

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, poor guy got his butthole ripped on GunsNet too...

And after all that hard work... Making a post like this is tougher than it looks. Some of the guys who were so rude there have never even attempted to post a "How To" tutorial, regardless of content.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I got some to do the next build on. Not sure if i wll be doing my pistol next or the amd. I am really thinking of saving money up to do the SBR on the AMD.
    Consider this, Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Ocala and Marion County Car Audio

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Nice job.
    Resize the pics or upload them as thumbs and I'll add a copy to the library.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BTW KillerOne...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Feedback Score

I had to ask that the BIY moderator on AR15.com lock my thread because I was tired of the personal attacks and ridicule. The build community here is MUCH more open minded and welcoming then a lot of the trolls over there.
    A village in Massachusetts got their idiot back.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for posting this.
    The way I see it; If it works why not try it, you might like it.
    If I remember right weren't the first ones who tried screw builds treated like crap?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.