10 YEAR OLDS HUNTING AK. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 YEAR OLDS HUNTING AK.

Feedback Score

Looking NICE! My son would love to get that. he sure like to shoot just any of them.

ipsd1 "stuckman"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im bumping this up as a meamber wanted to see a a pick of the mount.

gun is still in the white and as is. Im thinking of changing the calibur to something else for him.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Damn if you want it silver maybe a bead blast and a dull/brushed chrome finish would be nice, and very rugged too. I wouldn't think it should cost all that much considering they can plate and polish a whole bumper for <200, it shouldn't cost much to do an action I wouldn't think. I'd even be willing to bet it would tighten up stuff and make it run real smooth too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I just have never had the time to finish it up . I helped a buddy do one that he left in the white and clear coasted it with wheel clear coat so far it looks good with the black stock he used.

I used to flash chrome or nickle plate a lot of small car parts that were not polished but bead blasted for a little accent and they held up ok and were cheap to have done as all that needed was to be hung and dipped.

this thing will be a so called trunk gun at some point likely. Is far from perfect and was built to be abused aside from the scope.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I can imagine that the nickle/chrome finish must have held up well for that. I've got a k98 sporter that needs a refinish and was thinking that might be a good option for it, or some thing equally tough. That gun gets some hard hunting in and I want a tough rust proof ,dull finish. What do you think of that idea 1biggun,feasible?? And can that be 'blued/ darkened/ anodized? It's nothing fancy just a real good shooting 8mm bent bolt, decent scope,low swing safty, timney, and a light weight wood bedded stock, great hunting gun that can get banged around and still shoot great. Don't want to spend a pile. We take it to the range and put clays in the woods at different ranges and pop those with it, with all kinds of brush to pick a hole to shoot through, Makes for good pratice for deer hunting. The one I got this year was playing peek a boo around a tree @ 75yards through the brush, big mistake!!! best part, didn't waste an ounce of meat, right eye shot. One down side, we couldn't drag it out by the head, that 06 180gr spbt, did a nasty job! Didn't have to chase it eaither.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

tHERE IS A ELECTROLESS NICKEL FINISH THAT CAN BE DONE THAT LOOKS REALLY GOOD. iM NOT SURE IF ID PLATE THE PARTS I HAVE HERD OF HYDROGEN EMBRRITTLEMNET ASSOCIATED WITH CHROME PLATING. PERHAPS OTHERS WILL NO MORE. I JUST KNOW i HAVE SEEN ENGINE PARTS BREAK THAT WERE CHROMED THAT DONT NORMALY. i MUST HAVE WENT THROUGH A DOZEN CHROME ALTERNATOR BRACKETS FOR HEADERS ON MY CHEVYS BACK IN THE DAY. HAD A SWING ARM ON A SPORT BIKE CRACK ONCE. WAS TOLD BY THE CHROME SHOP IT WAS DUE TO HYDROGEN EMBRITTLEMENT OR SOMTHING LIKE THAT.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hummm, I'd never heard of that before, I'll have to check into it further and see what I can find. By rights you'd think it would make a durable finish with no other assoiated issues, thanks I'll check it out further.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

It has some thing to do with the palting process and current being ran throuigh the materiala nd metal being added to the piece. I cant comment much more than that.

I do know my race boat back in the day was not allowed to have the steel prop plated as it would popssably cause it to fail. i know there are chrome and nickle plated fire arms so im not sure if doing a mause r action is a good idea or not. i do know at the local gander moutain they advertise in the gunsmith area a electroless nickel finish were they send the gun out and have it done. i dont think its a paint but Im not 1004v certain. iwas considering it for a trunion aon a stainless barrel build were ai wanted every thing in a stainless type finish.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I think what I'll end up doing on the Mauser is to just parc it. I saw a post on how it's done and it apears to be a simple process if done properly, a nice black parc would be good for that gun. Just for a little snazzy I might jewel the bolt,and spoon the bolt handle maybe???? Not sure, I'll need to get a jig from Midway first, I've got a couple others I'd like to do too, the Mausers a good one to pratice on. The nickle might be nice but if Gander has anything to do with it, you can bet it'll be spendy through them. There going to be a spring-ish projects anyways. Just got made "Pro Staff" for a couple companies, (Vexilar + Clam) and for Vt Hardwater Tornament Series, Pro Staff so between that and guiding I'm going to be right out straight till spring. Heading out Friday for NY and PA to do sportsmen shows, seminars, and product demos at anouther Cabellas, + Gander Mt, won't be home till maybe tuesday?? Going to take a day for Great Lakes fishing, or finger lakes mixed in there too possibly, along with stopping on the way back to look at a hot rod I'd like to do some negoaiting on, should be fun, but busy. Check out our site, vtsportsmen.com and Fishounds Outddors, were on facebook too,bunch of pictures on those sites, I'm the old coduler with the camo hoody +slammy perch and teaching the kids how to use the Vexilars at our kids clinics and tournaments plus pics of our clients fishing adventures. Damn, starting to sound like a salesman now!! Thanks for the info. on the finish's.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Took a hour to find this.
    Bumped up for those who never saw a rail on a RSB before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.