Russian Red finish???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian Red finish????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Here's a photo of some Ironwood Designs handguards and pistol grip. I used 180 grit sandpaper for the initial sanding, and 220 to smooth things out. I then used the Rit orange fabric dye mixed with some denatured alcohol. Once this dried I used Minwax Pecan Satin, Polyshade. I then lightly sanded (not certain of the grit, but it was very fine) the poly once dried. I did this several times. Finally I used some Minwax spray satin poly for the last few coats, and sanded the finish in between coats. Most of these materials can be bought at Walmart, the real fine sandpaper might be found at an automotive store which sells paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Here is a set of original Russian AK-74 wood which I just sold. This set had never been mounted on a rifle and was the nicest set of lumber I had laid eyes on. Russian wood is avail in many different shades, I prefer the darker reds..

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jnewt
    Here is a set of original Russian AK-74 wood which I just sold. This set had never been mounted on a rifle and was the nicest set of lumber I had laid eyes on. Russian wood is avail in many different shades, I prefer the darker reds..

That is one beautiful Soviet AK74 stock set, I can't imagine parting with it. Any chance you have a contact?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.