Duplicolor 1200 deg Ceramic. Spray Can paint - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Duplicolor 1200 deg Ceramic. Spray Can paint

Feedback Score

I don't beleive there is a way to restore it. I would just use it on something that was not going to be abused by chemicals. As far as I know Guncote is sold as both components only. I know my gunsmith buddy never lets it sit too long after opening before it is used. My next batch will use it all, because I will have several guns prepped and ready to paint. I also always park for better adhesion. Scott

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default need more info

Hello I think you did a nice job on that there gun, What color paint is that? is it a semi gloss or flat. Am going down monday and get me some.

Feedback Score

Help me out guys. The baked on Finnish on appliances,what is it? Enamel?What is the process used? Is it baked at high temp?
    OLD SANG

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Jc2005

sounds like it worked? have you had any loose paint, or rub offs? if not i think yer good to go?! Not downin ur technique, but i don't think you had to have bead blasted it. i think a light hand sand should of sufficed, then put a few(2-4) light coats, whatever it took to cover it, then an oven bake would probably of been the way i would do it. But if what you did is ok in several months, fine! You may have a new technical break through on gun-finishing? Jc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have one less then perfect receiver that I bent up. I experimented with the dupicolor 1200. baked it at 300 deg. for 2hrs then 350 for one. It sat for about a week before I got back to it. Seems to be standing up to most oils,haven't tried any solvents yet. Practiced stamping on it with 1/16 stamps. Letters formed with out chiping the paint. Will use on two Romy kits. Waiting for a friend to weld in the lower rails on my other receivers.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

OMG, The ceramic paint is great stuff. it is every thick stuff. I messed mine up and made it runny, i have to sand it down and paint it again.

Feedback Score
    14 (89%)

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    OMG, The ceramic paint is great stuff. it is every thick stuff. I messed mine up and made it runny, i have to sand it down and paint it again.
    I finished my rifles in duplicolor spray paint and I can tell you that it chips away on impact with something, its not elastic enough and it will chip away. I don't know if duracoat is any better, I never used it.

Jc2005

Could not find DUPLICOLOR 1200 high heat paint at all at autozone. All they had was-dupli-color engine enamel 500, but on the back of the can it says can withstand heat up to 1200 f... It says nothing about oven bake so i got my refund. Who else carries it? Jc
    Last edited by Jc2005; 02-09-2006 at 01:21 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.