Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Good Lord,I haven't done a 1911 build in well over 25 years or more , so I wouldn't be of much help at all nhgunut. Half the stuff I used to use is either obsolete now or hadn't even been produced yet last time I did one up.

Wasn't it 2nd that had spoken about those 80% frames before? I think so???You might want to check with him,I know some one here was talking about them not to awful long ago , and I think it was 2nd. The main topic was the 80% frames anyways if I recall , at least there was quite a bit of discussion about them in that thread I'm thinking about anyhow? If not the actual topic heading.

Maybe searching through the old posts will bring it up. There may have been more than 1, I'm not sure, but I have seen them discussed here before. That may give you the information your looking for.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
I got the non frames years ago with the idea of a woods 22lr myself.summin to knock around with.just haven't gotten in the mood for it.I know they sell jigs for the thing but they're just paperweights still.have 45's and they're just laying around here somewhere.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Nice Rock.the cutting the rails on horizontal? Thinking that's what I'll do.I think the horizontal plane would work for me but me but I'm open to suggestions.thanks man.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice Rock.the cutting the rails on horizontal? Thinking that's what I'll do.I think the horizontal plane would work for me but me but I'm open to suggestions.thanks man.
I gonna try it that way, waiting for all the stuff to come, get everything together (find everything I mean)
picked up some "test frames" cheap..gonna give it a go on one. We shall see what happens. I'm sure others
will chime in, there are others that know more about it than I ever will, but willing to learn.Who knows may
even do a "loaner thing" here, been tossing that around. Just let me get two or three done. Still got those
lowers from the last group buy, deal on Modulus Arms jig, from here...
so need to play it forward.

-Rock

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Doggone PSA just had a sale on their blem'd ars with magpul furniture too.got the dpms tho and heading to the funshow in the morning for buis for it.Hate to have the 45 frames just hanging around.:bangin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.