Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
anyone seen my coffee cup
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever heard of 20ga lightfield sabots splitting coming out of the barrel?
I was using them in my Remington 1100, rifled slug barrel, at 50 yards, I noticed 2 holes in the target. After 2 shots, 4 holes. Right through the plywood, so it couldnt be the wadding. Went to Remington copper coated sabots, 1 shot, 1 hole.
Anyone ever hear anything like this?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Don?t complain! It gives you twice the chance of hitting the deer. Sorry! Read the box, does it say to use with a rifled barrel? If it does I?d give the maker a call or send an email and ask what they think. Remington may also be able to help if others have had the same problem. In the mean time I wouldn?t shoot them till I got an answer. Let?s hope someone else here has a better answer because they?ve had the same thing happen to them.

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gonna try contacting Remington, see if they have heard of anyone else complaining about the Lightfield sabots, all the others I tried were fine.....
I'll let you know what they say.

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
contacted Lightfield, they said it shouldnt be happening, they wanted the lot #s off the boxes. I gave them the info and will see what they have to say

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok update on the Lightfield sabots...I received a letter in the mail today from the president of the company! In it he not only apologizes if it was the sabots but he also says they are sending me six new boxes of shells, ( I told them I only bought three), and a shirt and hat! Also, even more important, they want any unused shells, any spent slugs, wads, hulls, anything left over so they can try and figure out why the slugs split. and they will reimburse me for shipping costs! To me, these are the actions of a first rate company! I will let you know when I hear more, but for now, Lightfield stands behind their products 110% !!!!!!! Excellent! :thumbup1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts