Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

All I can say is WOW, ride em cowboy!

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt that one is going to see many road miles.

I found that on an engraver's website. Look at the prices he charges: http://www.dwharris.com/pri.htm

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a closeup of the engraving on the pipes:

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
WOW!.

Did you watch American Chopper last week? They built one in honor of POW's MIA's , very beautiful and a very moving show towards the end.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't watch it. Kinda wish I had. But, that loudmouth father kinda honks me off, and I don't watch it very often. They do great work on that show.

·
Registered
968 Posts
That is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paulie jr. needs to make one of those! :thumbup1:

aviator said:
WOW!.

Did you watch American Chopper last week? They built one in honor of POW's MIA's , very beautiful and a very moving show towards the end.

The POW bike was made awhile back, that bike was awesome, IMO! I'm getting the mini replica for Christmas. YAY! :thumbup1:

Paul Sr. rides that bike each year in DC, I believe he is a Vietnam Vet. Yep, he's a loudmouth but the family is really close. They all had a screwed up life and now it seems they've all got their act together. I think he gets ticked off easily because he put a lot of blood and sweat into his business, and Paulie jr takes advantage of Dad being the boss at times.

They make some really beautiful bikes! Besides the POW bike, the jet bike is another of my favorites. Here's a pic of my mini replica. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
All the general public sees on tv about motorcycles and motorcyclists are choppers and the Tuetals and Jesse James or X Games jumping freaks with more metal pierced into their bodies than on their bikes.

It's a shame really, there is so much more going on like Kenny Roberts trying to build a MotoGP bike to compete with the best road racers in the world, and a young black kid named James Stewart who is joining the elite class of Supercross this season, or Nicky Hayden and John Hopkins going to Europe to do battle with the best in the world, and many other stories that would make good tv. Too bad.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
WOW!!!! That might even make Cephus want to ride again!:harley:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
hey cephus, my cousin has a trike for sale..you might do better on three wheels..haha

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Sandy.Paul Sr. is not a vet, he said so during the show, but he is from the same era and like many of us did have many friends who were killed in action in Nam.

Pogo, I think his loudmouth character is only for the show, he does come across as a good father and a nice guy, but his attitude is what makes the show.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Cephus said:
.It's an ok bike but I like the ones that are built for riding not looking at.
Like the POW bike that looks good and can be ridden as well.
Sumptin like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Sandy said:
I think he gets ticked off easily because he put a lot of blood and sweat into his business, and Paulie jr takes advantage of Dad being the boss at times.
I have to disagree. Takes advantage of what? I think Paul Jr. is what makes that show. Yes, his dad's horrible attitude adds to the drama of the show, but I honestly believe the show revolves around "Paul Jr." All you ever see if his dad sitting around in the desk chair bitching about something not being ordered, or standing around complimenting a bike that Paul Jr. has built. The people who actually do the work, and dream up the bikes are Paulie and his few buddies.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Without Vinnie and Rick, Junior would be lost.
Junior comes up with some good ideas (if you like the whole theme bike genre) but it's Vinnie and Rick who pull it off.

About the only thing you ever see Paulie actually build is the handlebars.

·
Registered
968 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
I have to disagree. Takes advantage of what? I think Paul Jr. is what makes that show.

If you look at it from a parents view, he takes advantage of Dad being the boss by slacking off at times and coming in late, when the others are there on time. Don't get me wrong, Paul jr. is one reason why I watch the show, good eye candy :D but he does take advantage of Dad once in awhile. He doesn't do it all the time and he does do well in not lashing back at his Dad when he's getting yelled at (good patience). I think he has an awesome talent to design and fabricate. :)

Paul sr. used to build more bikes but he worked his way up and bought his own shop. I want to get the book Full Throttle and read the whole history of OCC, I think it would be pretty interesting.

Vinnie (Vance), Cody, and Rick are great as well, but let's face it, Mikey makes the show. ;) That guy cracks me up! They had him talking right after Sr. and Jr. got into a fight and he said "I hate to see my brother and Father fight BUT if one of them dies, I'm going to inherit a lot of money." LOL

Aviator, sorry my bad. I thought I had heard Paul jr. say he served for awhile. Either way, his heart is in the right place. :thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts