Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an enfield on the way so now I am in need of 303 ammo. I would prefer non corr. adnone have any suggestions for ware to get it. Is their any mil surp that is non corr.? I realy do not want to pay for expensive ammo so I will settel for corr if I have to... also any suggestions for what is best are welcome. THANKS

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
The only non corrosive 303 I have seen is quite pricey such as UMC at place like Bass Pro Shops.

I recently bought some Brit surplus at a gun show. It was reasonable. I don't mind using windex to clean my Enfield at those prices. A patch or two down the barrel and a light spray of the bolt at the range and then a regular cleanin when I get home.

Reload is an option but I have not invested in the gear.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
PMP from South Africa is pretty good and the Hotshot stuff that AIM surplus sells isn't too bad. The PMP is very accurate stuff IMHO.

Some of the best surplus I've had was South African stuff.

The Hotshot stuff would at least be good to save the brass for reloading as it's cheap.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have shot the south african stuff quite a bit, and LOVED it. Other than handloads, it was the best shooting stuff I could find!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not all, the South African surplus that came in several years ago was headstamped PMP. There is also a PMP commercial brand. (Same company??)

I was trying to find out if some more of the surplus had found its way here.

packratt

·
Registered
625 Posts
hotbarrel said:
I have an enfield on the way so now I am in need of 303 ammo. I would prefer non corr. adnone have any suggestions for ware to get it. Is their any mil surp that is non corr.? I realy do not want to pay for expensive ammo so I will settel for corr if I have to... also any suggestions for what is best are welcome. THANKS
Never be afraid of corrosive ammo. That?s all they had when that rifle went to war. I?ve shot the stuff all my life and now I carry a small Pepsi bottle (Screw type cap) with a mix of water and ammonia cleaner with a few extra drops of dish washing soap in it. I just swab the barrel and wipe the bolt area with it, then dry and oil it, never a problem. I have shot it in a semi-auto, but that?s more work than I want to do most of the time, because of the gas system. I picked up an Enfield at CF and also got a can of .303 linked ammo from them, haven?t tried it yet but it looks good. It?s copper jacketed, brass case and is dated 1945. It comes on a canvas belt and was a bitch to open. I?d hate to have to open this stuff when somebody was trying to shoot me. After pulling both ends of the top off, your left with a sheet metal plate spot welded to a center cross piece, it covers the ammo so you can?t get it out. You have to rock the plate back and forth to break it off and then pull it out. I wonder if it was then used as a guide or something on the machine gun?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts