Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
I asked about 303 ammo before but at that time I had hoped I could find cheap surpluss NON corr .... so much for that...
OK now I am setteled on corrosive stuff. I do not see muchg at all out their. I realy want to buy a crate once and be done with it. All I see is some from S.G. it says made in pakistan for great britain. any good? they say 760 for $115 .. can anyone do any better on price?? any info or suggestions welcome. :thankyou:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks I will give them a call I appreciate your looking

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
HB, the pakistani ammo is widely known among the C&R folk to be some of the crappiest .303 brit out there. Case neck splits, irregular powder charges, flintlock style hangfires and outright duds are the major problems with this stuff. Oh, yeah, and the bullet weights seem to vary somewhat from one round to the next as well, or so I've read. All this leads to some truly lousy accuracy. People aren't even buying it for componets-the quality is too dodgy.
I got some and it seemed OK, except my 1943 Lithgow No1mkIII, which usually throws about a 1.5 inch group at 100 yards suddenly began throwing shotgun style patterns with it. A change back to my last few remaining Privi-Partisan ammo (now no longer made, dammit) restored the accuracy, so I'd give this crap a pass if I was you.
Thats the major problem with Enfields-cheap guns, no decent priced ammo.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. too bad I allready ordered a crate of the stuff. it is ALL I see anyware. unless I want to buy stuff in boxes of 20 at wallmart typ prices. maby I will get a box or two but for fun I think cheap is good enough. well maby except for hang fires .. HHmmmm

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I did order it from them , they say it will go out Monday. as for non-corr.... I do not believe it.... they can say anything they want... I have to believe 1960's millitary stuff IS corrosive. maby I am wrong . what do you think?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no I did not get her name.
the sportsmans guide has the same stuff and they say it IS corr. so I dont know. I do not know how to tell for shure if it is corr or not.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Aim has Hotshot brand $6.99 a box which is not bad, but the best commercial stuff I've shot was PMP brand from South Africa in 20 round boxes at $12 a box.

My local gunshop had 2, 50 boxes of SA surplus and I bought them and that was it about 2 years ago. It is damn fine ammo and looks just like my PMP except the bullets.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
yes, it's corrosive. clean appropriately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts