1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Can you use a .32 caliber round?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
that is all I have used in my 1895. not a lot of power but yes a lot of fun.
someone is making the 7.62 nagant again but it is pricey, big bucks is no fun.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
what do you think , just knowing how old the design is and what a good job they did back then . it realy is FUN to shoot. I also found it dose not scare weman friends , so they are intrested in trying it. none of them want to get near a 357 or a 45. I also find the history makes up for the small power. it is just plain fun.
just a note on condition. my first one was way too nice to shoot, it belongs in a meusem, I just did not have the heart to fire it . my next one was allmost as nice but the grips were slightly darkened in color so that is the one I shoot. for the price it is one of the nicest items I have bought. condition wise.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I just got a flyer from Interordnance and they advertise Nagants and say you can use 32 H&R mags in them.That I should think would be dangerous.I dont know what the pressure specs for that rround is but I would bet it is higher than the Nagant could safely handle. They want $69.95 for them. That sounds cheap to me .

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw SOG or was it Centerfire selling the cylinders for $14.95 now to convert over to 32 ACP.

They used to be $49, I think I'll have to get one now that it's that cheap.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have fun and feel very safe with the SW long. you could allmost catch it with a ball glove... well almost I will not actualy try it. HAHAHAhah

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've put about 200 rounds of .32 S&W through my Nagant with nary a problem. It's quite accurate too. The S&B I've shot had two or three cases split out of fifty. The Aquila cases are better, or it's loaded a bit milder,I'm not sure which.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The S&W longs would be safe Im sure but the idea of shooting a 32 H&R Magnum makes me nervous.I dont know maybe it will handle it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
I saw SOG or was it Centerfire selling the cylinders for $14.95 now to convert over to 32 ACP.

Please give me a link to centerfire. I didn't see the cylinder at SOG. If I can pick up a cylinder for $15, I'll buy a Nagant pistol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:

Damn! I hate it when they do that. I bought one from makarov.com and paid $35 for it, but dropping the price to $15 is criminal.

Mine did require a LOT of work to get it to function flawlessly in dual action. About an hour and a half with a small file and a stone to get the feed pawl the right size and the notches on the back cut right and still work with the original cylinder.

But now I often go back and forth using 32acp and the 32 s&w long. I don't like how it blows out the 32 SW Long case though. Sometimes those cases have to be hammered out with my cleaning rod after about 4 or 5 reloads without cleaning.

I use the revolver to teach new shooters. It is the first step up after the 22 semi.

Chubber

·
Registered
3 Posts
:thumbup1: I bought a Nagant from SOG a couple of years back when the pistols were only $49, so the .32ACP cylinder, also $49, seemed like a good investment at the time. The cylinder worked perfectly, and I had lots of .32ACP ammo. I bought some Nagant ammo, just to have (Fiocci), and it was almost as much as the pistol. Needless to say I've only shot .32ACP.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Those old M95 Nagants had plenty of power when used to shoot malcontents and "Enemies of the People" in the back of the head in the hands of the NKVD......

Thanks for the heads up on the use of .32 Long, never would have thought about it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
32 sw long wont kick ass but it is a lot of fun to shoot the old gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I shoot .32 sw longs in the reg. cylinder it came with. Pretty good . The Nagant ammo is more powerful as it will go through a 2/4 and the .32's don't. A lot of fun to shoot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts