Gunco Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
print i drew up last night for my bullpup design.
what ya think? it will replace my front sight block

Attachments

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
Are you planning on "Captain Kirking" your AK bullpup like some of those AR-15 guys? :lol: Just kidding!

For a bullpup, the quad-rail would be interesting. Add a laser, tac light, red dot, etc. You could have the bullpup wind up looking like a P90 on steroids. It'd also be easy for mounting one of the forward grips (pistol or baton-type). If nothing else, it would be an excuse to spend some time doing some CNC coding or manual mill work. The gas tube throws a twist in there. Maybe just do a 3 rail and then make one up for the top of the gas tube.

Go for it. Post pictures. Hurry up with the pup!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No star trek guns here...

its gonna mount my pistol grip and a maybe a detachable front sight. all manual mill work. but it will be awhile since i get an hour or two at the shop a week. :mad:

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
Ah. I know the story. I only get access to the mill on weekends. It's a 40 minute drive to the folks house, so I usually head up on Saturday mornings and then spend the day in the shop. That is, of course, when I'm not working, playing golf, at the pistol range, out with the chicky-doo, etc.

2 or 3 hours isn't a lot of time. Better be quick on the setup and not make any mistakes or bad cuts...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, well i think you came up with your pistol conversion idea first so i'll have mine done right after yours...

and heres some star trek for ya, and no they aren't mine :gsthrwr:

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
JINKIES! I bet that thing has absolutely ZERO muzzle climb! Probably no felt recoil either. The only thing that's missing is the hydraulic ram that lifts it to firing position.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anybody know a decent way to insulate this block or the grip i'll be attaching. metal tends to conduct heat and i like my hands without burns. any ideas. (besides a glove)

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
romack991 said:
anybody know a decent way to insulate this block or the grip i'll be attaching. metal tends to conduct heat and i like my hands without burns. any ideas. (besides a glove)
Do you think your grip will get that hot? I don't think it will be any worse than the original AMD 65 front grip and it was some sort of rubber/plastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts