Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 Trailblazer seems to be stuck in 4 wheel. The low 4 wheel light stays on but it feels more like high 4.

Is there some sort of way to reboot or is there another problem.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Just a wild guess. It's real cold outside and the sending switch that turns the light on is stuck. It may start working correctly when it warms up.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
My S10 was just the opposite. When the vacuum line blew I lost 4wd. But it's an older 83 model.

Custer, does yours have a handle on the floor or a push button on the dash?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Check your tire pressure and make sure it is even on all 4 tires. My Jeep had a problem getting out of 4wd if one of the tires was low. It's worth a check.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
backing up is a good idea . other wise it sounds like something is frozen. another idea is to get it in a warm place , this will conferm the frozen idea or not and should not cost big$$

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, guys. When in doubt, read the instructions.

I found that there is a setting you can use by holding the dash switch past Low 4 for 10 seconds. A little hard to explain, but someone when I used it to get up my driveway, I must not have properly disengaged it and it defaults to the last setting.

Glad it worked or I was going to be laying on the cold garage floor with a hair dryer warming up the transfer case.

On another note, both our clothes dryer and microwave died yesterday. At today's prices, I am sure the microwave is not worth repairing and the dryer is 9 years old and I don't think I will mess with it either.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Custer, when it rains it pours--sorry to hear about the appliances--maybe you can catch some good end of the year sales.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi new here but have worked with 4x4s a long time first lift the front and try turning the wheel by hand to see if it is engaged if they arnt then its just the switch its on the axel ore the top of the transfere case just unplug it and get a new one if the wheels are locked and wont unlock its more trouble

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Howdy madjj. Welcome to our group. :welcome:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Custer said:
On another note, both our clothes dryer and microwave died yesterday. At today's prices, I am sure the microwave is not worth repairing and the dryer is 9 years old and I don't think I will mess with it either.
Yeah Custer, I've tinkered with a few appliances. Especially the microwave. The part will more likely cost more to fix it than a new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
good to be here looks friendly been on some other forums one was so nasty when i asked about a problem i i just quit it after a week

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Taz38 said:
Custer, when it rains it pours--sorry to hear about the appliances--maybe you can catch some good end of the year sales.
My wife will likely go out tomorrow when the weekend shoppers/returners are gone.

It is not too bad with just the two of us here but it would have been a disaster to go a long weekend without a dryer when the kids were young and lived at home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts