Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know what a 1943 Mosin M44 is worth?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Kind of hard to find now days but I have seen them around 200 -250 when I did. I myself got two barreled actions from Nartron. One was like new and matching the other was good condition with a little rust and mismatched bolt but both headspaced well. I then ordered a nice russian stock for the good one and an aftermarket for the second one. The actions were like $49 each I believe.

NARTRON What's New Page

oops... Just realized his are all post 40's russian and hungarian.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Considering that 50,000 were originally made, a 1943-dated M44 is the scarcest of the series. Not common yet not uncommon, a '43 should command in the $250-300 range IMHO.

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SJ, that's what I was wondering, the only info I was finding was that 50,000 were made and not much else.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Coils

I'm loosely basing my price on info several years old, "adjusting" for inflation, so I may be off (too high, if anything). I haven't been actively researching or collecting Mosins for about 5 years now, though I did buy an ex-PU sniper two years ago.

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, it's all a guessing game, how bad someone wants something usually decides the price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts